The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Rights Respected, People Protected
NRC in Iraq
The unfolding crisis in Iraq is one of the most complex humanitarian emergencies in the world today, with millions of uprooted Iraqis, and hundreds of thousands of Syrian refugees. For the past several years, millions of people have been displaced from and within Iraq as a result of military operations. At the end of 2015, the Iraqi Security Forces (ISF) began a military operation to enter and retake control of parts of the country under the control of armed opposition groups, especially in the Anbar governorate. Civilians have been caught in the crossfire.
NRC has been present in Iraq since 2010, with offices located in Baghdad, Erbil, Dohuk, Kirkuk and Mosul. We have scaled up our response across Iraq to meet the large-scale crisis facing the country, reaching Iraqis with emergency assistance and supporting Syrian refugees as they live in exile. Our goal is to always be prepared to work in new settings, so we are establishing more local partnerships in Iraq. Additionally, NRC is part of the UNICEF and WFP-led Rapid response mechanism (RRM), which enables us to reach newly displaced populations with the most urgent life-saving assistance.
Today, NRC is one of the biggest cash providers in Iraq. Our emergency assistance also includes distributing food rations, hygiene kits, water and basic non-food items (NFIs). In the winter months, we also provide blankets and heaters. We pay particular attention to gender equality and ending gender-based violence (GBV).
HR /Admin Officer-Technical
The purpose of the HR/Admin Technical officer position is day to day implementation of the activities of HR Department. The main responsibility of Technical HR /Admin Officer is to coordinate induction process for all new NRC-Kirkuk employees including explanation of Code of Conduct (CoC) and Anti-corruption guidelines.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated HR –Admin portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management Ensure proper filing of documents
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Ensure that recruitment of national staff is in accordance with NRC recruitment procedures, that the appropriate salary grades/steps and periods of employment, including probation, are applied.
- Ensure the widest circulation of NRC adverts among other NGOs and organizations to find potential candidates.
- Coordinate in the process of writing job offers and contracts.
- Ensure that new staff information is given to the finance department for preparation of Support Office payroll on monthly basis.
- Maintain and ensure HR database are updated and information related to staff are collected properly on time.
- Maintain and update employee personal files regularly and ensure personnel file requirements are met properly.
- Preparing final payments for employees leaving NRC and to ensure that final clearance are completed.
- Coordinate in conducting Exit interviews when an employee leaves the organization.
- Communicate with different departments and Dohuk HR Coordinator regarding HR issues and share information as deemed necessary and appropriate.
- Manage the external visits into the field office.
Our Ideal Candidate:
University degree or relevant to the assignment with minimum (2) two years of experience from working as an Admin/HR officer in a humanitarian/recovery context. Professional knowledge of dealing with external agencies.Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic. knowledge of Kurdish, Turkmen languages is an advantage.
Contract period: (11) eleven months
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Kirkuk.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more information, please find attached the job description.