Ankara (Turkey) | Turkey
General Description of the Program
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has been contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
General Description of the Role
With the support of the Logistics Coordinator the Logistics Officer is responsible for implementing and managing sound Logistics practices in the Goal Turkey Offices. The Logistics Officer is responsible for supporting LC in facilitating the day-to-day operation of fleet, asset, premises, stores and communications functions within Goal Turkey Offices.
Duties & Objectives
Assets: Ensure that all GOAL assets are properly managed and accounted for:
- Ensure all GOAL assets are accounted for and recorded on the Fixed Asset Register (FAR) as per GOAL Asset management procedures and policies taking into consideration Donor requirements.
- Tracing the physical counts and update relevant paper works as per standards and requirements set in Logistics Manual, including coordination with Finance department in monthly Assets checks
- Ensure that all updates on FAR completed by Logistics Officer who is responsible for FAR Management.
- Ensure that adequate checks are in place for the recovery of GOAL assets from staff at the end of their time working for GOAL,
- Ensure that all actions and paper work related to change of status of assets through sale, disposal, write off, handover, send back to HQ, loss and damage of assets. Manage donation-in-kind of assets as per standards and requirement of the Logistics Manual
- Ensure that all relevant reports, required authorisations and paper work is maintained up-to-date and on file as per standards and requirements set in the Logistics Manual
Transport *Management: Oversee the smooth operation of day-to-day GOAL transport functions in Goal Turkey Offices (both GOALs fleet and external transport services):*
- Ensure that the transport management plans that Fleet Officer prepared is accurate.
- Ensure that an effective system is put in place for the transfer of material and goods between GOAL offices in Turkey,
- Ensure that all GOAL Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) with regards to safety and security of transportation are implemented and adhered to in the Goal Turkey Offices;
- Ensure that monthly Fleet reports that Fleet Officer prepares are accurate
Premises Management: Oversee the smooth operation of all day-to-day GOAL accommodation functions in Goal Turkey Offices (both GOALs offices and residential properties):
- Ensure that daily duties of the cleaners that were organized by Roving Premises Assistant is accurate.
- Ensure all utility payments for all Goal Turkey Offices and premises done on time
- Ensure requests for lease renewals are made in advance; liaising with Logistics Coordinator and Security & Safety Advisor on issues relating to security of premises and report any security concerns and relevant security information promptly.
Stores Management: Ensure that all GOAL stores and stocks in Syria are properly managed and maintained, minimising losses and ensuring programmes have access to stocks and stock records as and when required:
- Support the Logistics Coordinator establish and maintain sufficient storage capacity in adequately support programme activities,
- Ensure that stock is received and issued to and from stores in accordance with the GOAL logistics manual and procedures ensuring that all necessary documentation is complete.
- Ensure that all stock is handled properly and with appropriate care during loading and loading to prevent any stock damage during transport, loading/unloading and storage.
- Ensure that accurate stock records are maintained as per the GOAL logistics manual and procedures; ensure that store cards etc. are kept fully up-to-date and ensure that stock counts are completed are per GOAL procedures.
- Ensure stock reports are submitted to the Logistics Coordinator in a timely manner.
- Monitor minimum stock levels (indicated on stock card) and inform the Logistics Coordinator as appropriate.
- Ensure that all warehouse and supply chain documents are well kept and filled in an orderly manner (Goods in Docket, Delivery Dockets, etc.)
- Contribute to Weekly Logistics Reports;
- Any other duties as directed by the Logistics Coordinator, System Director in the management and coordination of the Logistics Department
- Turkish citizenship
- Tertiary diploma in relevant area (procurement, logistics, or administration) and/or equivalent years practical work experience in a relevant field.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in areas such as procurement, logistics, office/business administration in private or government sectors;
- At least 2 years proven management experience;
- Proven ability to develop staff and provide training on systems and procedures;
- Committed team player and ability to work within a multicultural team;
- Ability to understand and implement organisational and donor policies;
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft packages, including Excel, Word, and Outlook (particular emphasis on Excel);
- Ability to manage and prioritise a varied workload in a dynamic work environment;
- A flexible approach to work and willingness to take on extra duties, work additional hours or on weekends as required;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Trustworthy and honest;
- Ability to write, speak and work in English
- Previous work experience in working in logistics and excellent knowledge of the standard logistics procedures
- Basic technical knowledge in an area of Humanitarian Logistics; (e.g. ICT, mechanics, construction, transport, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), or other); and
- Fluency in Turkishand English is required.
If you would like to apply for the above position, please click on the “apply now” button and fill out the application form. All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline is 14 February 2019.
General terms and conditions
GOAL has a Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these and other relevant GOAL policies.
Any job offer made is also subject to background checks. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document.
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the "**apply now**" button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.