Procurement Expert – Tunisia Economic Development
FHI 360 is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Procurement Expert for an anticipated economic development project in Tunisia.
Economic development in Tunisia has been characterized by significant regional imbalances, with fast-growing coastal regions juxtaposed with lagging backcountry regions. Despite high amounts of precipitation and strong agro-climatic potential, the North-West and Central-West of Tunisia remain underdeveloped, frequently because of regulations that hinder sustainable access to existing natural resources. This situation, combined with a lack of services and infrastructure, the remoteness of the regions, and limited access to markets, is the main long-standing obstacle to private investment and entrepreneurship, thus hindering the sustainable growth of these regions. The aim of the upcoming economic development project is to improve landscape management and increase access to economic opportunities for targeted communities in the North West and Central West regions of Tunisia.
- Advanced degree (Master’s or international equivalent) in business administration, engineering, economics, public administration, commercial Law, management, or related field
- Minimum of seven years of professional project procurement experience
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with procurement techniques in general, as well as rules of procurement procedures for international donor-funded projects
- Excellent command of computer tools, including common software (Word, Excel, Power Point, E-mail and other communication tools)
- Advanced proficiency in French, including good communication skills and report writing skills
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
- Organization: FHI 360 - Family Health International
- Location: Tunisia (Tunisia)
- Grade: Level not specified
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2019-02-08