Cleaner ( National Position) - Benghazi
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
1. Role and responsibilities
The Cleaner is responsible for cleaning offices, meeting rooms, washrooms/WC, kitchen and other common areas such as the compound. The Cleaner will provide other general support as required.
Generic responsibilities (max 10)
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work- and Professional Development Plan.
1. Clean the offices, meeting rooms, washrooms/WC, kitchen and other common areas such as the compound
2. Ensure compliance with NRC procedures and policies
3. Ensure that washrooms are properly stocked with wash requirements
4. Dust and polish furniture, windows, doors and equipment
5. Empty waste paper baskets, dustbins and shredding machines
6. Prepare and serve tea and coffee to NRC staff and visitors
7. Report any relevant gaps, damages and breakages to line manager
8. Support the administration with ad hoc duties
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
· HR/Admin Assistant
· Logistics Officer
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
1. Professional competencies
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies for this position:
· Experience from working as a Cleaner in a humanitarian/recovery context
· Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
· Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
· Knowledge about own skills/profile
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Benghazi (Libya)
- Grade: Administrative Services and Support - Generally no need for Higher Education - Administrative support
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2019-01-21