Logistics Coordinator - Jordan
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
1. Roles and Responsibilities
The role of the Logistics Coordinator is to manage the Logistics function for the Jordan North Area
Office and provide leadership to the Logistics team.
- Coordinate and oversee the management of the supply and logistics support for operations
in Jordan North Area Office, including requisitioning, receiving, storing, issuing and delivering
- Ensure monthly documented meetings with direct reports with particular support to their
development and capacity building.
- Ensure internal and external compliance regulations are adhered to, within deadline, for all
Logistics activities in Jordan North.
- Oversee the Procurement Team Leader in the management of Jordan North procurement up
to 7000 JD and explore the options to further expand the potential procurement opportunities
in the vicinities of the area of support.
- Oversee the Fleet Officer in the coordination and management of transportation materials in
support of the operation in Jordan North Area Office.
- Oversee the Irbid Fleet Officer and Logistics Officer - Mafraq, in the management of the Fleet
in Irbid and Mafraq ensuring the fleet management is in line with internal SOP's and guidance
with a particular focus on fleet optimisation, fleet tracking and accurate monthly fleet reports.
- Manage, implement/maintain and follow NRC standard warehousing practices and supervise
warehouse staff in record keeping to full audit standard.
- Provide training for line managers with logistics responsibilities, particularly in procurement
procedures, fleet and stock management.
- Other tasks as assigned by the support manager
Generic responsibilities (max 10)
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Implement NRC’s systems and procedures at area level.
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines and donor requirements.
- Prepare and submit reports and analysis.
- Ensure proper filing of all support documents.
- Support line managers in procedures and require support team training.
- Management of support team.
- Ensure development and implementation of administrative systems and procedures.
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards & principles
within NRC and amongst beneficiaries served by NRC.
- Provide anti-corruption, transparency and cost efficiency focus in all processes (e.g. in
procurement, vehicle management, asset management).
- Ensure safe and efficient transport of staff and materials/goods.
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- Auditors (internal/external)
- Relevant implementation staff
- Budget holders
- Others: Country Office Logistics Department
Scale and scope of position
- Staff: Procurement Team Leader, Fleet Officer, Technical Logistics Assistant, Logistics Officer - Mafraq
- Information: Agresso, Office 365
- Legal or Compliance: Internal and external compliance regulations
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
1. Professional Competencies
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Experience from working as a Logistics Coordinator in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
Context/specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Qualification requirement: Bachelor degree or higher
- Years of Experience: 5
- Knowledge of the context in Jordan North.
2. Behavioral Competencies (max 6)
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Coping with Change
- Strategic thinking
Managing performance and development
3. Performance Management
The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- The Job Description
- The work and Development Plan
- The NRC Competency Framework
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for a strong line manager with excellent leadership capabilities and the ability to manage a complex and diverse team across various sites and develop and build logistics staff capacity. The candidate should have a Bachelor degree or higher with minimum 5 years of experience working in a Logistics recovery context. Proven ability to manage a complex project in a complicated refugee setting and proven documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels, to have the ability to analyze data and trends to make informed decisions.
In this position, you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people in the world's biggest displacement crisis
Candidates are encouraged to apply early as applications will be screened as received and position will close once a suitable candidate is identified.
Contract period: till 30 of September,2019
Salary/benefits: 2227 JOD (subject to social security and Income tax)
Duty station: Irbid
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities.
NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
B: Please enter your specific city of residency in Jordan in your application.
NRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees). Offers of employment or job openings with requests for payment of fees are fraudulent. Victims of such scams should report them to their local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
For more jobs follow us on Twitter @nrc_jobs
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Irbid (Jordan)
- Grade: Mid level
- Supply Chain
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2019-01-22