Admin Assistant ( National Position) - Tripoli
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
1. Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the assistant position is to assist in the day to day implementation of the support functions responsibilities. Use actions words such as conduct or assist for the position relevant responsibilities.
Generic responsibilities (max 10)
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work- and Professional Development Plan.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Liaising with different Libyan authorities
- Manage international staff and visitor’s visa & travel requirements
- Performs, under minimal supervision, the full range administration functions
- Responsible for all matters related to office and housing services & maintenance.
- Any other task relevant to the position as requested by line manager
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
· Organize the office layout and order stationery, supplies and equipment
· Maintain the office & Guesthouse condition and arrange necessary repairs
· Partner with HR to update and maintain office policies as necessary
· Organize office operations and procedures
· Prepare periodic Admin Reports
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
· HR and Admin, following up on requests and other related issues.
· Security unit; on all related security procedures, reporting and communications.
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following three categories:
1. Professional competencies
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Experience working within a Admin function(s) in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Relevant support function expertise
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Strong command of English, both written and verbal
Context/specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office (MS Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational and team work skills
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential
- Good diplomacy and negotiating skills
- Ability to work in English (written/spoken)
2. Behavioural competencies (max 6)
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies, the following are essential for this position:
· Managing resources to optimize results
- Initiating action and change
- Managing performance and development
- Communicating with impact and respect
2. Performance Management
The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
· The Job Description
· The Work and Development Plan
· The Mid-term/End-of-trial Period Performance Review Template
· The End-term Performance Review Template
· The NRC Competency Framework
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Tripoli (Libya)
- Grade: Administrative Services and Support - Generally no need for Higher Education - Administrative support
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2019-01-22