Grants and Contracts Manager (Lima, Peru)
Lima (Peru) | Peru
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant. Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
Program Delivery (PDEL) - Pact exists to help create a world where those who are poor and marginalized exercise their voice, build their own solutions, and take ownership of their future. The Program Delivery Team, contributes to realizing this purpose by: Forging smart partnerships and treating all people with dignity and respect; Applying organizational policies and regulatory compliance appropriately and consistently; Facilitating team spirit among colleagues and promoting the organization through communications; Influencing decision makers through focused, relevant communications; Continually striving to learn and share knowledge and find small ways to make the workplace more enjoyable for all; Cultivating and harvesting innovation; Contributing to the organization’s ability to think and act strategically at all times; Inspiring and spreading our desired organizational culture across the global enterprise.
The Grants and Contracts Manager will provide high-level grants and contracts management and administration to achieve project goals, working with partner organizations of all levels. S / he provides overall leadership and oversight for all aspects of related to management of subgrants and contracts. This will require close collaboration with Pact HQ to ensure compliance with Pact and funder guidelines. The Grants and Contracts Manager will supervise all staff with grants and contracts functions and make frequent field visits throughout the Amazon region.
- Develop contract documents in compliance with funder requirements, using Pact standard templates and working closely with Pact HQ Management Agreement to execute quality subawards.
- Administer the full cycle of subaward management activities, from planning through selection, pre-award assessment, negotiation, monitoring / compliance visits, and closeout
- Use Pact's subaward management system (Salesforce) and accounting system (Serenic Navigator) for subaward issuance and management. Ensure that all required documentation is available and stored as per Pact policy.
- Oversee budget management of project's subaward pool, and ensure accurate and timely disbursement and liquidation of subaward expenses.
- Ensure timely training of subgrantees, contractors, and Pact staff to understand and comply fully with funder requirements. Develop training materials and carry out regular trainings with partners.
- Ensure that office systems for grants are maintained and that regular reports are provided to Pact headquarters or to the funder as required
- Develop and update Country Office Subawards Manual in compliance with Pact HQ guidance
- Support closeout of awards, including preparation of final inventories, property disposition, etc.
- Work with project staff to ensure that implementation of grants and contracts follows donor requirements
- Undergraduate degree and at least five years of relevant experience
- Mandatory proficiency in written and spoken Spanish and functional proficiency in English
- Extensive training and capacity development experience with indigenous and other underrepresented and marginalized groups in South America
- A demonstrated track record of successfully working with indigenous peoples' organizations and communities in the Amazon region in a role administering or supporting the management of grants to indigenous groups
- Experience assessing the responsibility and grant-worthiness of organizations through financial statements, audits, and other documentation presented in a proposal or in support of an award
- Experience drafting and managing subawards
- Knowledge of USAID and other funder rules and regulations as related to subgrants, procurement, compliance, and cost principles
- Functional proficiency in Portuguese
- Proven capacity to design and deliver a range of training and technical assistance programs to build a full range of capacities for grant management
- Ability to problem-solve difficult issues, and to multitask with ease, adapting to frequently changing priorities
- Good negotiation and conflict-resolution skills
- Strong understanding of budgets
- Competence using common desktop applications and internal systems
- Accounting and customer relationship management software experience; Prior experience with Salesforce CRM and Serenic Navigator ERP platforms a significant advantage
- Prior experience managing USAID funded projects
Pact provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.