The Position: The Program Analyst will be based in Nairobi, Kenya and report to the Regional Food Scientist. This position will also assist in providing Finance and Administrative support for the implementation of the Food and Nutrition Evaluation Laboratory and other food science related value addition projects as stated in the current FANEL Business plan.
- Provide administrative and management support to the Food and Nutritional Evaluation Laboratory (FANEL) and value chain projects led by the Food Scientist.
- Assist with project communications (appointments, reports, booking meeting rooms / venues and equipment, drafting of correspondence for the Regional Food Scientist and FANEL associates;
- Coordinate travel arrangements and logistical support - including the handling of travel requests and liquidations, accommodation, and arranging for meals for the project events;
- Provide support to FANEL team in planning for regional advocacy events, workshops and meetings;
- Compile presentations, mailing lists and distribution of project publications;
- Maintenance of office filing system (manual and electronic) including backup, archiving and storage;
- Assist in managing FANEL FLOW system for lab management, costing, procurement and payment of bills;
- Handling maintenance of office and FANEL assets and keeping an inventory of equipment and supplies;
- Backstopping the country food science and value addition partners in Malawi, Uganda and Ethiopia programs to effectively execute similar duties;
- Assisting with the preparation of and regular financial reporting with CIP Finance and PMU teams;
- Any other duties given by the Regional Food Scientist.
- Bachelor’s degree in in Business Administration, Financial Management or related field.
- At least 2 years of experienced required in similar position.
- Advanced level of MS Office, preferably in Excel.
- Advanced qualitative and quantitative analytical skills;
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills in English and Kiswahili. Working knowledge of French will be an added advantage.