Information Management Coordinator - Beirut (Lebanese National) - Lebanon
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
P.S: Please ensure that you fill in all details before submitting your application on WebCruiter. Empty and incomplete applications will not be considered.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes guide our actions and relationships.
1. Role Summary:
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) unit supports management in the learning, programme structure, systems, and tools to measure the impact of NRC Lebanon’s work. The main objective of the Information Management Coordinator is to contribute to the development and maintenance of solutions to manage data flow from collection to analysis and reporting across NRC’s operations in Lebanon. The position holder will contribute to this objective through using existing platforms and tools in the industry and developing new digital solutions and rolling them out.
- Adhere to NRC policies, guidance, and procedures.
- Contribute to organisational learning through the identification of information management needs, provision of specific technical analysis, lessons learned and reports.
- Develop training modules and provide specific technical learning or/and training for project staff
- Design, roll out and maintain digital solutions and continuously seek to improve functionality and performance.
- Implement and develop prototypes and solutions in the area of web and mobile development.
- Handle technical administration and provide user training and support during the transition from development to deployment of systems.
- Produce periodic documentation to share progress and learning.
- Ensure that NRC’s related activities are implemented within NRC’s Protection mainstreaming guidelines and report any breaches/concerns to the line manager and/or focal point for proper action.
- Engage with other teams to define requirements, validate assumptions, and test prototypes during development of the assigned project.
- Research, identify, and evaluate tools and platforms suitable to meet requirements.
- Design and build online systems for the assigned projects, primarily through configuration of cloud-based platforms (e.g. Dynamics 365) but also developing custom pieces of software when needed.
- Prepare technical documentation and specifications on a regular basis.
- Create user testing plans, prepare instructional and training material, and provide user support remotely or in-person.
- Communicate with partners, consultants, and service providers as needed.
- Contribute to ensuring that Information Management systems are up-to-date with latest indicators, targets and results.
- Contribute to the development of dashboards.
- Develop and roll out Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for Information Management systems
- Internal: ICT unit; Programme Specialists; Project Managers/Coordinators
- External: Sector or consortia Working Groups (as relevant)
1. Professional Competencies:
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience with organisations, IT projects and/or working with startups.
- Bachelor degree in computer science, software engineering, or related subjects
- Solid knowledge and experience in relational database design and best practices. Knowledge of SQLServer databases is an asset.
- Strong skills in full-stack web/windows development (backend and frontend) using various tools and programming languages. Advanced proficiency with at least one language or web framework is required.
- Intermediate knowledge and experience in server and cloud administration.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 administration and development is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with enterprise information systems in general, and especially CRM and ERP, is desirable.
- Strong skills in data processing and analysis: data cleaning and munging; data visualization and reporting techniques.
- Knowledge of GIS software (QGIS, ArcGIS or alike) is an asset
- Fluency in Arabic and English, both spoken and written. Other languages are an asset.
2. Behavioural Competencies:
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Strategic thinking
- Initiating action and change
- Handling insecure environments