Senior Warehouse Manager, South Sudan
Unity State | South Sudan
Are you an experienced Warehouse Manager with a knack for maintaining order in a fast-paced environment? Join us as a Senior Warehouse Manager at Samaritan’s Purse in South Sudan! As a Senior Warehouse Manager, you will be responsible for the overall management of four warehouses located throughout this office’s area of responsibility. Your expertise and leadership will help to show the love of Christ to a desperate and struggling refugee population. Let God put your talents to use for a humanitarian cause with an eternal purpose. Join us today!
Description of Job Duties:
- Provides the overall management of the warehouses, with control mechanisms put in place for all food storage, handling, and movement.
- Prepares and implements a work plan for effective commodity management and quality control.
- Plans for commodity storage and warehousing space, in close coordination with the Commodity Manager, to ensure stocks are strategically stored to optimize distribution.
- Implements commodity loss mitigation strategy with an aim to eliminate losses of food in the warehouses.
- Ensures all warehouses are managed in accordance with World Food Program (WFP) and Samaritan’s Purse Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Conducts both routine and random warehouse inspections to ensure high standards of commodity management.
- Submits timely and accurate reports in accordance with organizational and partner requirements.
- Identifies learning and training opportunities for warehouse staff, and works as a mentor and role model to build the capacity of less experienced staff.
- Routinely conducts on-the-job training to improve staff performance.
- Creates a motivating and encouraging environment for assigned staff members.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent from four-year college or university in humanitarian logistics, warehouse management, or related field is a requirement.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of proven experience in humanitarian logistics or warehousing operation at international level is a must, preferably in WFP-related operations.
- Experience living and working overseas.
- Fluent spoken and written English required. Arabic language skills desirable, but not required.
- May be required to camp in remote field sites for 1-14 days, consecutively.
- Ability to read and interpret supply chain documents.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups and employees of organization.
24 month contract with the potential for renewal.
This position is unaccompanied.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
To receive consideration for this position, please submit application, cover letter, and current resume through the link, below: