Finance Budgeting and Reporting Manager (National) - Syria Response Office
Prinsens gate 2 | 0152 Oslo
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are seeking a motivated professional to join our Syria Response Office’s dedicated Finance team. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor degree in Accounting or finance-related fields and a minimum of 3 years of experience working in a senior financial position preferably in the humanitarian context.
Additional useful skills include: Experience in working with financial systems and structures development, previous experience in leading finance units during start up, exit and emergency response phases of operations, and solid knowledge of computer software and modern accounting systems.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
1) Lead on the financial monthly closing and consolidation of accounting books at Country Office level.
2) Provide finance verification of purchase and payment request up to his/her authorization limit.
3) Ensure effective cashflows, preparing forecast of expenditures and submitting monthly cash requests to Country Office.
4) Primary Focal point for Internal, External and Donor Audits.
5) Ensure NRC Finance Systems and procedures are updated at all times.
6) Ensure NRC Country Office Master Budget is covered and gaps are monitored and analysed.
7) Responsible of updating Finance Allocation Tables for Salaries and Support Costs.
8) Responsible to closely monitor level of expenditure and allocation of expenses to existing projects, providing monthly Budget versus Actual reports to be discussed with Senior Management.
9) Support on the elaboration of budget for new proposals, ensuring that budgeting tools are correctly used and ensuring support costs are properly budgeted.
10) Responsible for the consolidation of Financial Budgeting and Reporting at Country Office Level.
11) Undertake spot checks across the Area Offices, to ensure NRC financial procedures are followed and prepare Action Plan upon findings.
12) Provide guidance on NRC financial tools are understood and used by non-finance staff in Area and Country Offices through training.
13) Develop a capacity building plan for Finance Staff and implement on-the-job training.
14) Provide Surge Support to Area Offices when required.
If this sounds like you, apply now to join one of the world’s leading INGO’s and be part of a team of highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people in the world's biggest displacement crisis.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
Contract period: Until September 2019
Duty Station: Amman, Jordan
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
For more information, please see attached Job Description
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Prinsens gate 2 | 0152 Oslo
- Grade: Mid level
- Banking and Finance
- Operations and Administrations
- Communication and Public Information
- Emergency Aid and Response
- Documentation and Information Management
- Managerial positions
- Administrative support
- Disaster Management (Preparedness, Resilience, Response and Recovery)
- Closing Date: 2019-01-24