Humanitarian Aid Specialist
We are Dorcas and we desire justice, both for people and their communities, so that they flourish. We strive for lasting change for those who live in poverty, are excluded, or are caught in a crisis. This is how we follow Jesus Christ.
We are a Christian organization and we work prayerfully. We value entrepreneurship and are ready to go off the beaten track. We desire to partner with everyone who shares our mission. We have country offices in Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
In our International Office, in particular in Programs and Knowledge Support, we are looking for an experienced colleague with a strong internal drive and passion for vulnerable people in fragile situations, who can fulfil the role of:
Humanitarian Aid Specialist
Employment 1,0 FTE
to be stationed in Andijk, the Netherlands
This position will require frequent travel
Â The Humanitarian Aid Specialist will be responsible for:
- Providing functional expertise, operational advice and support to Country Offices in humanitarian aid programming, in particular in those countries where Dorcas implements or wants to implement such program. This support can be given as individual assignment or as part of a multi-disciplinary team, and it entails two parts:
- Support to ongoing programs: technical advice; training & coaching of staff and partners in rapid response, relief approaches, program implementation and adherence to humanitarian standards; program-monitoring and accountability to donors. In some cases, where national capacity is insufficient, this support may involve temporarily taking full-cycle responsibility for program management.
- Support to the development of new programs in collaboration with country office staff, partner organizations and/or consortium members; this entails the development of high-quality program propositions for institutional donors, and co-write/support the writing of concept notes and full proposals.
- Contributing to expertise and policy development and to the positioning of Dorcas in humanitarian aid. We want to be known for qualitative and innovative programs, to be able to operate in the humanitarian-development nexus and to be represented in relevant networks.
- BSc or MA degree in a field related to Humanitarian Aid;
- Expert in Humanitarian Aid and thorough knowledge of humanitarian principles and standards (e.g. Core Humanitarian Standards);
- Minimum of 5 yearsâ relevant experience in relief and rehabilitation operations; and preferably experience with linking relief, rehabilitation and development.
- Experience with writing proposals for and acquiring funds from Institutional Donors;
- Experience with managing projects funded by Institutional Donors;
- Proactive attitude, flexible personality, strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to travel and to work in a cross-cultural environment;
- Adherence to the mission and vision of Dorcas;
- Active church membership;
- Fluent command of English and preferably Dutch.
- A suitable salary and good secondary employment conditions;
- Good working environmentÂ in an international team;
- Opportunity for personal development.
Information and application
For questions about this vacancy you can contact Leen Stok, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants must be entitled to live and work in the Netherlands. Dorcas will not apply for a work permit for this vacancy.
You can send your English application letter and CV at latest on January 19th 2019 to: Dorcas, Attn. Rufus Bieze, email@example.com.
We explicitly invite you to write about your Christian motivation in your application letter.
- Organization: Dorcas
- Location: Andijk (Netherlands)
- Grade: Mid level - Internationally recruited position
- Humanitarian Aid and Coordination
- Closing Date: 2019-01-19