Program Manager Iraq
We are Dorcas and we desire justice, both for people and their communities, so that they flourish. We strive for lasting change for those who live in poverty, are excluded, or are caught in a crisis. We value entrepreneurship and are ready to go off the beaten track. We desire to partner with everyone who shares our mission.
We have country offices in Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East. In Iraq we have been operating since 2011. Our Relief and Early Recovery programs are mainly self-implemented and increasingly implemented through local partner organisations. From our head office in Dohuk, we coordinate the implementation of our programs in the sectors Protection and Food Security & Livelihoods.
At this moment we are recruiting an experienced
Program Manager Iraq
(stationed in Dohuk, Kurdistan Region)
Employment: 1.0 FTE
Posting: Iraq is a non-family posting
Duration: 1 year with possible renewal of contract
Starting date: as soon as possible
The Program Manager is expected to develop programs for the Dorcas Iraq organization within the framework of an agreed country annual plan and to provide leadership and integral management to his/her program team. Dorcas Iraq is in a transition phase from humanitarian to early recovery and resilience programming. Focus sectors are Community Based Protection, Food Security and Livelihoods and Social Cohesion building. The projects are mainly funded by institutional donors. This position includes frequent travel to project implementation areas.
The Program Manager will be responsible for:
- Developing programs in line with Dorcas policies, Dorcas Annual Plan and with an eye on funding possibilities;
- Managing and monitoring high quality implementation of humanitarian and early recovery projects;
- Providing leadership through managing, capacitating, coaching and providing technical advice to local staff and partner organizations in project implementation;
- Supporting logistic, financial and administrative project affairs, incl. budget design and monitoring of expenses;
- Developing new projects and proposals for institutional donors;
- Timely submission of internal reports and reports to institutional donors according to their requirements;
- Representing Dorcas and networking with relevant donors, government institutions and other stakeholders;
- Active participation in the Country Management Team, incl. strategy and policy development.
- MA/MSc. degree preferably in the field of humanitarian aid and development. Candidates with a BSc. degree that have extensive relevant experience are also invited to apply;
- At least 5 years relevant field experience, preferably with protection and or livelihoods; and at least 3 years program management experience;
- Experience in managing and coaching teams;
- Experience working in Iraq or in fragile/conflict-prone contexts is an advantage;
- Expert in early recovery and development programming;
- Experience in working with partner organizations and providing coaching and capacity building;
- Experience in writing proposals, raising funds and managing projects funded by institutional donors;
- Settled character with ability to cope with stressful, delicate and possibly unstable situations;
- Proactive attitude, results oriented, flexible personality, strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Fluent command of English (both verbal and written);
- Being a Christian, adhering to the Christian identity, mission and vision of Dorcas.
Dorcas offers the opportunity to become part of a growing International NGO with a dedicated team of professionals. Dorcas offers a suitable pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors. Furthermore, you will be offered an initial 12 month contract. Depending on continued funding, your performance and fit with the program and staff, the contract will be extended.
Information and application
Interested and qualified candidates are kindly invited to send a cover letter and resume (both in English) no later than February 9th, 2019 to email@example.com. In your cover letter please reflect on your motivation for wanting to become part of Dorcas, being a Christian organization.
For more information about this position or the recruitment process, please contact Mr. David Karelse, Recruitment Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Due to the urgency to fill this role, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We reserve the right to close this advert before the confirmed closing date when we are in receipt of sufficient applications. Should you wish to apply for this post you are kindly advised to submit your application as soon as possible. An assessment may be part of the recruitment process. Please mention in your cover letter on which website you noticed the vacancy.
Recruitment is subject to successful completion of all applicable background checks, including references and criminal record checks.