New Consultancy Recruitment & Non-Staff Workflow
The individual contractor is needed to carry out data process work as well as following up existing or potential supporters and answering inbound inquiries, so that UNICEF could strengthen campaign results to better support programme as well as keep good relationship with UNICEF supporters.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfil their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. And we never give up.
For every child, collaboration
UNICEF works with private sector partners and individuals to identify resources for our work in China. We are now looking for an individual contractor to join the team to carry out data processing work as well as to follow-up on existing or potential supporters and answering inbound inquiries in order to strengthen campaign results to better support UNICEF programmes.
How can you make a difference?
You will carry out data processing work as well as follow-up with existing or potential supporters so that UNICEF can strengthen campaign results to better support programmes. In particular, you will be:
- Import and input new data into database timely and accurately
- Maintain and clean current data in database, e.g. update info in database as per donor’s request, data cleaning, etc.
- Generate data processing reports.
- Respond to email/SMS/WeChat or other online channel inquiries, and follow-up
- Efficiently answer inbound calls in a professional manner based on Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) guidelines. Log questions to develop a more comprehensive FAQ list.
- Carry out out-bound calls to supporters for follow up / information update and to introduce new activities. Log details of calls in database.
- Provide administrative support to the unit as requested, such as typing, translation, filing, faxing, photocopying, mailing, etc.
This consultancy is for 6 months from end Jan 2019 to July 2019. Extensions can be considered based on performance.
To qualify you will have…
- A bachelor’s degree from a college or university, or other comparable education.
- Native Mandarin Chinese skills, reading and writing. Good command of spoken English and working knowledge of written English.
- Experience in using Microsoft Office applications.
- Attention to detail and an analytical mind.
- Good initiative, ability to conceptualise and come up with improvement suggestions.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in teams and independently.
- Exceptional customer service attitude.
How to apply?
Interested applicants are asked to submit: 1) Cover letter/application, 2) CV, and 3) a financial quotation for the consultancy, indicating daily rate. Apply online through https://www.unicef.org/about/employ/ (requisition 519053). The deadline for receipt of applications is 20 Jan 2019.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Beijing (China)
- Grade: Consultant - Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Human Resources
- Closing Date: 2019-01-20