Senior Driver to Regional Director, EAPRO, Bangkok, Thailand
Are you ready to USE your TALENTS to make the world a better place for Children?
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, how can you make a difference?
Under the supervision of the Sr. Administrative Assistant, the main responsibilities include:
- Facilitate the Regional Director’s and other senior UNICEF officials in their travels by office vehicle, ensuring safe and timely arrivals at destinations (e.g. to/from the office, meeting venues, airport, etc.). Provide general assistance in relation to immigration formalities at the airport whenever required.
- Provide transport for official functions of other staff of the office in Bangkok and upcountry and render general support to regional meetings and/or workshops organized by UNICEF.
- Assist the Administrative Services and Travel Units in daily duties such as diplomatic pouch delivery and collection, visa and stay permit applications/collections, airport and immigration formalities for visits of VIPs, and other general support to the daily operation of the CSU whenever required.
- Perform daily maintenance and cleaning of the vehicles, checking water, oil, tyres, breaks, etc. and perform minor repairs, reports any irregularities, deficiencies to supervisor. Maintain trip log daily mileage, gas consumption, vehicle servicing, etc.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- A secondary education is required, along with a valid driver’s license and knowledge of local driving rules and regulations. University degree an asset.
- A minimum of 3 years of good track records on work experience as a driver in an international organization, embassy or UN system with a safe driving record is required.
- Familiarity with immigration/customs procedures an advantage.
- Fluency of the local language of the duty station as well as proficiency in English is required.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office applications, emails and internet.
- Good knowledge of the city, local roads and conditions where the office is located.
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies.
- Skills in minor vehicle repairs, attentive to detail on vehicle safety and security matters.
- Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with visitors.
- High sense of confidentiality, discretion, initiative and good judgment.
- Ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural background.
- Thai Nationality.
- Meet UNICEF Core Value and Competencies: Commitment, Diversity &Inclusion, Integrity, Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Please send application together with P-11 and Performance Evaluation Reports (PERs) of the last two years no later than 24 January 2019.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Bangkok (Thailand)
- Grade: GS-3, General Service - No need for Higher Education - Locally recruited position - Administrative support
- Administrative support
- Managerial positions
- Transport and Distribution
- Closing Date: 2019-01-24