Consultancy - Case Management of Gender Based Violence for Emergencies, Brazil
1.1 Adapt harmonized, context-appropriate case management model to support individual client care for survivors of GBV at Roraima, Brazilian state bordering Venezuela
1.2 Train case workers, case manager and case coordinators to successfully implement case management model and referral system
The scope of work is outlined below.
1.1 Adapt a harmonized, context-appropriate case management model and referral system to support individual client care for survivors using the Interagency Gender-Based Violence Case Management Guidelines:
Assess current individual client care approaches and staff capacities for conducting case management for GBV survivors at union draft recommendations on appropriate scope of service, client selection criteria, and staff support requirements (2 days)
Review the current GBV case management model and develop additional necessary tools, including the development of additional monitoring and evaluation tools for service quality assurance (2 days).
1.2 Train case workers, case manager and case coordinators to successfully implement case management model and referral system at union to district level
Provide training to case workers, case managers and case coordinators and other relevant stakeholders on GBV case management and additional tools, including practical exercises involving complex case scenarios (6 days)
The consultant will deliver the following:
Tools to support local level case management model and referral system including, but not limited to risk assessment checklist, safety planning form and additional monitoring and evaluation tools for service assurance.
One, 5-day training for case workers and managers on Interagency Gender-Based Violence Case Management Guidelines
Required expertise, qualifications and competencies, including language requirements:
The consultant must offer the following demonstrated experience:
• Master’s degree in Social Work or Psychology or social science field
• At least 5 years of professional experience providing case management
• Experience on mental-health/healthcare services, with special focus on behavioral and bio-psychosocial problems and disorders is preferable.
• Proven relevant experience in developing GBV case management tools and guidelines.
• Proven relevant experience in working as a case manager
• Proven relevant experience in establishing referral pathway/system
• Proven relevant experience in developing training curriculums, modules and materials on GBV case management and referral pathway
• Good understanding of the issues of GBV in Brazil and the system of case management and psychosocial support and referral system relevant to the local context
• Experience working on GBV training modules, etc. in Latin America preferred.
• Experience providing direct services to GBV survivors preferred
• Knowledge and ability to deliver quality work output in high stress or short deadline situations.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to coordinate and synchronize work with people of diverse cultural backgrounds, consensus building, team working and consortium dynamics.
• Excellent written and spoken English and Portuguese
• Demonstrated ability to assess and analyse complex situations in order to determine conclusions and recommendations.
• Excellent facilitation and diplomatic skills with the ability to facilitate mutual understanding and cooperation from senior national / international stakeholders in a highly political environment.
• Strong ability to lead a team and guide supporting consultants as required.
• Flexible and responsive to changes as part of the review and feedback process.
• Knowledge of Venezuelan culture is an asset.
Please send applications to Ms. Irina Bacci at Bacci@unfpa.org. The deadline for applications - 21 January 2019.