Continuing Professional Development and Inclusion Advisers
VSO is the world's leading development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. We are unique in the way we bring people together to share their skills and experience, generate insights and ideas and, most of all, take action against poverty and exclusion. It's a highly effective approach that works, and today is helping millions of people in some of the world's poorest communities lift themselves out of poverty.
To support teacher education reforms in Myanmar andbuild the capacity of TEs to deliver the new 4-year pre-service degree course with a focus on inclusive teaching practices, access, participation and achievement of children with disabilities.
This position will be based at an Education College in Myanmar.
Skills, qualifications and experience
• Bachelor’s degree or post-graduate qualification in education
• Minimum of five years of primary or secondary school teaching experience
• Expert knowledge of pedagogy and inclusive classroom practice
• Strong track record in planning, delivering and monitoring teacher CPD programmes
• Experience of mentoring teachers
• Qualifications in special needs
• Experience of working in Myanmar or SE Asia
As a VSO volunteer, you will be sharing your skills with local communities on a full time basis.