TOR – Call for Public Procurement Expert(s)
The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD) is an international organisation tasked with promoting innovative, comprehensive and sustainable migration policies. With 17 Member States and over 60 projects active throughout Europe, Africa, Asia and Latin America, ICMPD is a growing and ever-more relevant presence in its field. The organisation’s greatest assets are its 200+ staff members, who personify its values of commitment, integrity, partnership, respect, and innovation in actions and decisions.
ICMPD is looking for individual public procurement experts Categories I to III (C.I - 3+ years of experience; C.II - 10+ years of experience and C.III – 15+ years of experience), with various background and experience to create a pool of experts who will work on ICMPD projects containing procurement components.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Advise on completeness and conformity with established ICMPD and/or donor rules, procedures and practice; liaise with the Project Teams, as necessary, and recommend to supervisor appropriate strategy/approach to best serve institutional interests;
- Support project teams in developing the procurement plan for the project (including an initial identification of the procurement methods);
- Conduct market research keeping abreast of market developments, trends and best practices;
- Identify initially and propose procurement method based on market parameters/ICMPD or donors rules;
- Propose composition and take part, if necessary, of the bid evaluation panel(s);
- Serve as a contact point between stakeholders of the procurement process;
- Prepare tender documents for Procurement Officer review and approval;
- Prepare (support project teams in preparation of) Requests for Quotations, Quotation Protocols, Calls for Proposals, etc., ensuring high-quality standards of documents;
- Prepares responses to clarification requests raised by tenderers (where needed coordinates with the technical expert);
- Prepare procurement files;
- Checking potential suppliers/contractors against donor’s sanctions/database;
- Assist in and draft the preliminary examination/evaluation; If necessary, prepare evaluation report(s);
- Assist and/or conduct the reference check of the selected bidder;
- Prepare award letter and draft contracts as instructed by the Procurement Officer;
- Prepare draft Contract Management Plan(s); If necessary, take part during Contract Initiation Meeting with Project Team (Contract Manager) and Contractor/others;
- Perform other procurement related activities assigned by the Procurement Team.
On a regular basis, the Expert will report to ICMPD’s Procurement Team who will be responsible for the overall supervision both in terms of administrative and content issues and who will provide input and comments on deliverables as needed.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Law, Business law, Purchasing, Supply chain management, Public Administration, Finance, or closely related field;
- Public procurement certification from an internationally recognised provider such as CIPS would be an asset;
- A minimum of three years (C.I Expert) or ten years (C.II Expert) or fifteen years (C.III Expert);
- Substantial knowledge of the EU public procurement and financial rules;
- Experience working with EC-funded projects, where procurement part was one of the major tasks is an asset;
- Excellent command of English; ability to communicate in French or Arabic is an asset;
- Excellent values of commitment, integrity, partnership, respect, and innovation in actions and decisions.
Interested candidates are requested to submit and send their CVs and motivation letter:
- to our Expert Roster page: https://www.icmpd.org/work-for-us/careers/expert-roster/
- AND to email@example.com on the subject please insert the category your CV belongs to (Categories I, II or III).
Experts’ CVs will be added to the expert roster, which is an internal tool that will be used solely for the above purpose. The CVs will be selected from the roster in order to facilitate possible recruitment of experts as consultants to work on specific project activities. The exact duration of engagement will be determined separately for each activity.
Deadline for applications: 28.02.2019