The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking for its
Secretariat General (SG) - Communication Department - Planning, Evaluation and Campaigns Unit
at its headquarters in Luxembourg:
(under FEMIP Trust Fund Traineeship Programme)
Duration: 6 months (with possible extension for a total of up to 12 months)
(fixed start date: 1st September 2019)
The Programme, set up with the support of the EIB’s FEMIP Trust Fund (FTF), is only open to young nationals of the EU Southern Neighborhood countries that have entered into a Framework Agreement with the EIB (Algeria, Egypt, Palestine*, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco and Tunisia).
Objective of the traineeship
You will support The EIB Communication Department in the successful coordination of communication campaigns to be implemented under delegation agreements with the European Commission, in 45 countries outside the EU, including in the Southern Neighbourhood. The aim of the communication campaigns is to increase the awareness and understanding among audiences in these regions of the benefits and positive impact of EU and EIB activities.
Under the supervision of the Head of Planning, Evaluation and Campaigns, your tasks will include:
- Assisting in establishing an effective process to manage workflows for content produced under delegation agreements;
- Supporting coordination and requesting feedback from colleagues both within and outside the Communication Department;
- Helping to ensure compliance with contractual commitments under delegation agreements and contracts with external providers, including in terms of deadlines;
- Maintaining comprehensive and accurate records of activities and outputs under delegation agreements for reporting and audit purposes;
- Supporting colleagues in assessing the quality of material produced for use with the audiences in the Southern Neighborhood.
Academic qualifications and professional skills
- Final year of studies or University degree in Communication, Media or related subject;
- Some practical experience of project management, and in media organisations, corporate communication or public relations would be an advantage;
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written French and/ English. Arabic would also be an advantage.
- Achievement Drive: continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
Please note that deadline for application is 24th February 2019.
The FTF Traineeship Programme is open to students and recent graduates (with no more than two years of working experience) who have a single nationality of the Southern Neighborhood countries that have entered into a Framework Agreement with the EIB - Algeria, Egypt, Palestine*, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco and Tunisia. The goal of the Program is to offer successful candidates an opportunity to improve their skills as well as the experience of working in an international multicultural environment.
More information on the Program and the FEMIP Trust Fund, respectively, can be found at: http://www.eib.europa.eu/about/jobs/student-jobs/femip.htm
*This designation shall not be construed as recognition of a State of Palestine and is without prejudice to the individual positions of the Member States on this issue.