Intern for Fundraising & Communications Conference (f/m)
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organisation for the global federation of SOS Children’s Villages. As a non-governmental social development organisation, we support children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief, and we advocate for the rights of children and young people, in alliance with a great diversity of partners. We work in 135 countries and territories, reaching over one million children, young people, families and caregivers each year.
- Support in organising the global SOS Children’s Villages “Skillshare” fundraising and communications conference (e.g. contact with participants, speakers and suppliers)
- Provide support during the 3-day conference
- Organise the post-conference follow-up with the speakers and participants
- Provide administrative support for Executive Assistant of International Director Fund Development for general department tasks as needed
- BA studies in Business, Event Management, Tourism or other relevant subject area
- Strong organisation skills with hands-on mentality; prior experience in organising events represents a strong advantage
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English; German is an advantage
- Analytical skills and attention to detail
- Solution-oriented and structured way of working
- Able to handle stress in a positive manner and flexible working style
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced, continually changing business and work environment while managing multiple priorities
- Applicants must hold a valid Austrian working permit or be eligible to work within the EU
- An opportunity to get experience in and an insight into the functioning of an international NGO
- A multi-cultural, open and collaborative work environment
- SOS Children’s Villages International appreciates the valuable role interns undertake in our organisation and offers a fixed gross salary of € 1,050.- per month on a full time basis.
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed e-mail application by 10 February 2019 at the latest to email@example.com SOS-Children’s Villages International, www.sos-childrensvillages.org/.