Requisition ID: req3731
Job Title: Warehouse/Assets Officer- Tripoli
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Tripoli, Libya
Under the direct supervision of the Supply Chain Manager, the Warehouse/Assets Officer will be responsible for the efficient coordination and management of warehouses and assets in IRC Tripoli. One of the core functions of the incumbent as an integral member of the Supply Chain Department is, s/he must be able to manage, track inventory, assets and property and maintaining audit-compliant records.
- Understand, implement and / or maintain standard IRC inventory, assets and property management policies and procedures.
- Train warehouse staff as required.
- Manage and document the receipt, handling, storage, release and reporting of goods through the IRC warehouse(s).
- Advise the Supply Chain officer/coordinator of potential inventory shortages
- Manage casual laborers in the warehouse.
- Ensure the maintenance of warehouse building(s), fittings and equipment.
- Implement and ensure clear safety procedures.
- Implement and ensure clear loading / unloading procedures, correct stacking and turnover (FIFO) procedures.
- Advise the Supply Chain officer/coordinator of warehouse-specific issues or improvements
- Maintain the Warehouse activity book recording all outgoing and incoming receipts and activities.
- Update as per IRC requirements, the Asset register, Asset inventory list and expendable store inventory list and produce monthly reports.
Goods reception and transport
- Assist in receiving all supplies.
- Follow up on the delivery of customs documents filing.
- Keep an accurate and up-to-date record of the store contents and inward and outward movement of goods in the warehouse register or stock cards.
- Responsible for arranging and overseeing the air transportation of goods in accordance with IRC procedures.
- Prioritize dispatch needs in conjunction with program.
- Prioritize air cargo transport in coordination with the program department and field sites.
- Where necessary organize or carry out the transportation of goods to the carrier premises for onward air shipment.
- Supervise the airfreight loading and documentation follow up.
Warehousing and Inventory
- Monitor security of IRC’s storage and supplies.
- Receive completed store’s request forms and prepare the goods for issuance.
- Ensure goods, equipment are signed for received on the request form (office expendables) or waybill (all other items).
- Prepare a monthly report for the expendables store outlining all stock movements and remaining balances.
- On a monthly basis, work with the Supply Chain Coordinator to reconcile the Warehouse register in the Asset tracking sheet and equipment issuance forms.
- Update the stock record cards regularly.
- Conduct routine inventory inspection and submit report to the Supply Chain Coordinator in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the movement of IRC assets is tracked and the necessary documentation is done when an asset changes its status.
- Complete Equipment Issue and Receipt Form for all attractive items and mobile property and other equipment as appropriate.Liaise with HR regarding the acquisition, assignment, recovery, transfer , as well as any changes in physical location or operating status;
- Conduct physical inventories of assets, properties (non-mobile and mobile) on quarterly annual basis.
- Dispose IRC assets as per IRC and donor-specific policy.
- Retrieve assets and reassigned at the end of employee term of service.
- Facilitate all customs issues on air shipments.
- Supervise customs document follow-up and filing.
- Maintain full and accurate inventory, assets and property records.
- Undertake (documented) monthly and ad-hoc physical inventory and assets checks.
- Provide on-time, standard monthly inventory, assets and property reports to the Supply Chain Coordinator.
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Team spirit and problem solving abilities.