Individual Contractor: Project Management, Service Quality Management, UNICEF Global Shared Services Centre, Budapest, Hungary
The Project Management Individual Contractor runs a virtual project management office through networking with project managers in other functions. The role supports work planning, oversees all project and significant change activities, and personally assumes the role of project manager for selected strategic GSSC projects.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, results
UNICEF's Global Shared Services Centre (GSSC) in Budapest, Hungary supports UNICEF operations globally in the areas of Finance, Human Resources, Payroll and Information Technology.
Within the UNICEF Global Shared Services Center, the Service Quality Management (SQM) section is in charge of Strategic and Project Planning, Performance and Business Analysis, Quality Management, Customer Relationship Management, Communications and Knowledge Management. In addition, the team is responsible for driving Change both within the GSSC and for related activities at the Country Office.
How can you make a difference?
Under the general supervision of the Chief of SQM, the Project Management Individual Contractor runs a virtual project management office through networking with project managers in other functions. The role supports work planning, oversees all project and significant change activities, and personally assumes the role of project manager for selected strategic GSSC projects.
This will involve:
• Ensure a consistent project management approach through the use of a light framework and templates for all relevant project documents – to include RACI, project plan, risk matrix, action log etc.
• Act as project manager for strategic high-profile / high-impact change initiatives upon assignment by GSSC senior management. Manage assigned projects in accordance with professional project management best practice.
• Ensure that project managers and project teams understand their roles and responsibilities for the project objectives and outputs
• Support the design and documentation of the GSSC's operational change management framework (methodology, processes and tools).
• Organize and facilitate the periodic review of the GSSC change portfolio at senior management level. Present summary project portfolio information and new change proposals, highlighting issues, risks, and prioritization options.
• Provide guidance to staff involved in change initiatives in relation to the GSSC change management methodology, general project management principles, and specific implementation issues.
• Manage secretarial function for Project Management – i.e. convening Project and Change Review Board monthly to:
-Agree on projects to be tracked, parked, cancelled or closed
-Review standard project documentation (risk register, project plan, action log) and agree on changes to overall approach. Keep minutes and action logs
-Review Change requests and ensure agreed actions are implemented
• Co-ordinate work planning activities across the GSSC, ensuring these are align with wider organizational objectives. Monitor progress periodically
• Build good working relationships with counterparts and stakeholders across the GSSC to facilitate communication and compliance.
• Coordinate stakeholder communication and involvement, mediating issue resolution whenever possible and escalating where required.
• Other relevant duties as assigned.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have...
Successfully bidders should meet the following profile
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree
- Formal project management training – PMI / Prince 2 or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of successful project management experience in systems project management (large-scale), software development, technical integration or business operation environments.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in change management for complex projects.
- Microsoft Office suite (including Project and Visio): advanced user level.
- English: excellent conversational and writing skills.
- Experience managing customer relationship management / case management software implementation projects is an advantage – in particular if based on the ServiceNow platform.
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) is an advantage.
- ITIL v3 certification is an advantage.
The proposing service provider must include the following attachments in their submission:
- CV detailing educational background and all relevant experience.
- Financial Proposal indicating the daily rate for delivery of services. The daily rate should be expressed in Hungarian forint (NET + VAT, if applicable) Please indicate the exact amount).
- Document to prove eligibility to work in Hungary, if applicant is non-EU citizen.
- Successful bidders will be required to accept UNICEF’s General Terms and Conditions for Service Contracts.
Location and duration
The working hours for this individual consultancy will be 8 working hours per day, 5 days per week. The consultant will be expected to work standard UNICEF hours 8.30am to 5.30pm) and work full-time on GSSC premises in Budapest, Hungary under the supervision of the Chief Service Quality Management.
Contract duration will be 11.5 months.
UNICEF considers best value for money as criteria for evaluating potential candidates. As a general principle, the fees payable to a consultant or individual contractor follow the "best value for money" principle, i.e., achieving the desired outcome at the lowest possible fee.
Candidates who are under serious consideration will be evaluated by the following criteria:
Technical Evaluation Criteria (70 points possible)
Passing total score for Technical Evaluation is 50 points
- Project Management Skills (35 points)
- Ability to communicate clearly and influence others (20 points)
- Familiarity with Project Management tools, English language ability, MS Excel skills (15 points)
Financial Evaluation (30 points)
Total points of Evaluation (100 points)
The terms of payment are net 30 days, after receipt of invoice and acceptance of work. Payment will be affected on a monthly basis by bank transfer in the currency of billing.
Individual consultants are not a standard employment arrangement, as payments will be made based on invoices submitted by the consultants on a monthly basis. Individual consultants are entirely responsible for the payment of all insurances, taxes, other contributions payable by the consultant on the payments made by UNICEF to the consultant for his invoices issued under this contract.
Terms of employment
Consultants are required to submit a statement of good health prior to commencement of work and to take full responsibility for the accuracy of that statement.
The consultant is responsible for arranging, at their own expense, life, health, and other forms of insurance covering the period of their services on behalf of UNICEF as they consider appropriate. Consultants are not eligible to participate in the life or health insurance schemes available to United Nations staff members.
UNICEF undertakes no liability for taxes, duty or other contribution payable by the consultant on payments made under this contract.
Please submit your application through UNICEF's online recruiting system in English.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.