Associate, Health Financing
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
The Senegalese Universal Health Coverage Agency (UHCA) was created in 2015 in order to implement the government’s vision and National Strategy towards Universal Health Coverage, with the ambitious vision of covering 80% of the population by 2021. The UHCA is in charge of subsidizing a number of services, including services and care for 0-5 year old children and elderly, caesarian sections and dialyses. Continuous monitoring and evaluation is essential to ensure the efficiency of such schemes, and the overall sustainability of the UHCA.
CHAI is seeking a highly motivated Associate with outstanding credentials and analytical ability to perform necessary analyses to ensure efficiency and long-term sustainability of the UHCA in Senegal. The Associate will be based at UHCA in Dakar, and will interact with the different stakeholders working in the space of Health Insurance in Senegal. The Associate must therefore have excellent analytical skills, relationship building and communication skills. She/he must be able to function independently with minimal oversight and have a strong commitment to excellence with a keen eye for detail.
This Associate will be based in Dakar, Senegal. French and English fluency are required.
- Identify, plan, design, and perform both quantitative and qualitative analyses, as agreed upon with UHCA
- Develop and deliver compelling presentations to inform evidence-based/data-driven decision making
- Support the UHCA to ensure effective coordination among Ministry of Health and Social Action and other partners within the health insurance space to maximize the impact of the technical assistance provided
- Assist the UHCA to develop strategies for a sustainable model for health insurance, mostly as it relates to subsidized services, in Senegal
- Other tasks assigned by the Program Manager
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 3 years’ work experience
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and quantitative skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, and an ability to build professional relationships with key stakeholders, negotiate and achieve consensus
- Ability to work on complex problems without extensive support and self-motivate
- Ability to react quickly to ad-hoc requests while managing an existing workload and meeting deadlines
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Fluent in English and French, proficiency in both written and verbal
- Master's or other advanced degree
- Experience working in management consulting, business strategy groups, investment banks, or similar fast-paced results-oriented environments
- Experience working with governments and international partners
- Previous work experience in sub-Saharan Africa