Intern, Portfolio Management Team
Background Information - Job-specific
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Intern to:
- Support the work of the WASH Portfolio Management Team in Geneva
- Provide effective administrative support – covering finance, procurement, HR and general administration
- Assist with coordination between units and colleagues
- Assist with business development efforts including ongoing processes to secure new / additional funding
- Creating & managing transactions in UNOPS ERP system in line with financial decisions of UNOPS – including payment processing
- Assist with drafting reports and conducting financial data analyses for reporting to management.
- Supporting procurement processes as directed by the Portfolio Manager and the Associate Portfolio Support Officer – learning the e-sourcing system and facilitating processes to acquire goods and services required by programmes
- Assist with processes related to management of contracts and contract administration
- Support efforts related to business development – including assisting ongoing efforts with new and existing donors
- Help ensure the effective capture, tracking and organization of information and sharing of information, also promoting business continuity
- Support HR processes – including organizing files, logistics and analysis
- Contribute to the efforts undertaken by the hosted entities to mainstream gender equality.
- Assist & support any specific exercises requiring additional / ad-hoc assistance
- The above is only a preliminary outline of potential tasks which may be revised in view of emerging exercises or necessary tasks
The intern will be part of a team and will be learning on the job on a daily basis. Dedicated time will be allocated by the supervisor for understanding the functioning of UNOPS and the UN development context in general.
Training in ERP system OneUNOPS, finance and procurement procedures will be provided through hands-on daily tasks.
The intern will be able to participate in other trainings offered by UNOPS. Specifics of training and development will be discussed with the intern upon arrival. No official travel is foreseen for the internships role from the outset.
- All applicants must be enrolled in a university programme such as Bachelor, Masters or Ph.D. (or the equivalent) or have graduated from such studies within three (3) years prior to the applications date of the internship.
- Applicants are not required to have professional work experience but experience working in operational/ administrative areas highly desired.
- Capacity to prioritise assignments and strong commitment to teamwork and results.
- Proficiency in the use of the standard Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel)
- Fluency in written and oral English required. Working knowledge of other UN languages is an asset – particularly French.
Contract type, level and duration - Internship
Contract level: N/A
Contract duration: 6 months with possible extension,
Swiss legislation requires interns to possess valid medical and accident insurance from a Swiss insurance company for the entire duration of their internship. Information and quotations can be found here www.comparis.ch
Interns should confirm that they are fit specifically for the duty station conditions, as certified by a medical practitioner. The Interns are responsible for receiving clearance from a medical doctor to travel and perform this internship.
Interns may be eligible for a monthly stipend from UNOPS provided that they do not receive funds from other institutions. Stipends may be subject to applicable Swiss Taxation. Further, UNOPS may provide a one time travel lumpsum of 500 USD. However, they must make their own arrangements for accommodation, travel and necessary visa arrangements.
For more details about UNOPS internships please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A MOTIVATION LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.