| || |
| || |
| || |
The SDG Knowledge Platform, Solevaka, forms part of a broader suite of activities under the Pacific SDG Partnership. The Partnership coordinates, delivers and streamlines support for SDG implementation at country and regional level.
Solevaka is the evolution of the Pacific Solution Exchange (PSE) hosted by UNDP in the Pacific since 2010. The PSE community has an 1800 strong membership and was originally developed to centre around the exchange of ideas and issues related to climate change and effective development.
The first phase of revitalisation, due for completion in 2018, has included:
- creating the strategies to facilitate an enabling environment for Solevaka; including leadership, governance, financing and partnerships;
- designing technical specifications for the operation of Solevaka; including the digital development of a new platform, process documentation, M&E framework, communication and engagement strategies.
The project is underway, but the Community and Partnership Lead Facilitator will play a major role in fostering dynamic and lively communities that are critical to effective knowledge exchange and setting the future direction of the project.
| || |
Duties and Responsibilities
| || |
The Community and Partnership Facilitator will take a key role in the development and growth of the community by facilitating connections among members, overseeing the daily operation of the platform, and providing ongoing strategic advice. This will include:
- Membership: Understanding the needs and challenges of the development community and helping create meaningful connections between members.
- Facilitation: Providing leadership and focal point across the Communities of Practice, coordinating needs and required resources. Identifying and cultivating community champions willing to take on responsibilities and co-leadership roles within the community.
- Partnership and Advocacy: Managing existing partners and establishing new partnerships to increase the relevance and utility of the knowledge exchange platform. Acting as an ambassador for the project and Pacific SDG Partnership.
- Content: Supporting the production of varied multimedia content for the platform, including audio, video and written content, ensuring sufficient quality and quantity of content.
- Finance: Identifying and attracting new sources of funding to ensure the sustainability of the platform in support of the Pacific SDG Partnership.
- Strategy: Revisiting strategy, annual priorities and desired outcomes, based on member feedback and the evolving needs of the Communities of Practice, individual users and teams.
- Platform Launch and Management: Developing and implementing a launch plan, coordinating both online and offline events, moderating discussions and compiling knowledge notes when needed. Overseeing the continued operations and work planning.
- Reporting: Reporting as needed to leadership team, synthesizing monitoring and evaluation and producing the annual report.
| || |
| || |
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Advocates and promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism.
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experience and contributes to UNDP Practice Areas;
- Encourages office staff to share knowledge and contribute to UNDP Practice Areas;
- Develops deep knowledge in Practice Areas;
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more Practice Areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
Development and Operational Effectiveness;
- Ability to implement communications and publications strategies;
- Ability to advocate effectively;
- Communicates sensitively and effectively across different constituencies;
- Demonstrates excellent ability to write and communicate orally with accuracy and professionalism;
- Good knowledge of current development issues particularly those pertinent to UNDP’s Practice Areas. Ability to conceptualize issues and analyze data;
- Demonstrates strong IT skills.
Management and Leadership:
- Focuses on impact and result for the client;
- Leads teams effectively and shows conflict resolution skills;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors.
Creating Visibility for UNDP/Supporting UNDP's Capacity to Advocate
- Promotes awareness of UNDP's centrally to development through dissemination of information and materials;
- Maintains networks and knowledge assets for use in visibility and image activities
Integrating Behaviour Change Communications with UNDP’s programmatic work
- Able to develop communications strategies in diverse programme areas;
- Can work with modern tools such as Log-Frames to develop BCC-based communications strategies;
- Able to supervise the roll-out of BCC strategies through strategic partnerships;
- Able to develop toolkits that measure the impact of BCC activities.
Global Leadership and Advocacy for UNDP's Goals
- Identifies and communicates relevant information for advocacy for UNDP's goals for a variety of audiences;
- Maintains a functioning network of contacts in the media and civil society, to promote a better understanding of UNDP's mandate and to support advocacy efforts.
Conceptual Innovation in the Provision of Technical Expertise:
- Keeps updated in his/her area of substantive expertise;
- Identifies opportunities for conceptual innovation.
- Researches potential solutions to internal and external client needs and reports back in a timely, succinct and appropriate fashion;
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines;
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients.
| || |
Required Skills and Experience
| || |
Bachelor’s degree in international development, journalism, communications or a field relevant to development in the SIDS context
- Minimum 5 years substantive experience in development, communications, knowledge management, development of Community of Practices, online communities and/or community organization;
- Demonstrated experience and ability to build networks, engage different stakeholders, develop partnerships and interact with leaders and decision makers;
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills, ability to professionally present information, and act as an ambassador for the project;
- Proven experience organizing and facilitating participatory events such as workshops, presentations, learning sessions, and webinars.
- Very good command of spoken and written English;
- Demonstrated work in a multicultural environment is an asset.
| || |
| || |
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.