Supply Chain Consultant - Information Management
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance
Title: Supply Chain Consultant - Information Management
Duty station: Rome, Italy.
Technology is an essential enabler for high performing supply chains. We look at technology to automate large parts of our daily work, facilitate collaboration, access real time information on operations, and to provide us with business intelligence, analytics and evidence for decision-making. In the fast moving and complex humanitarian context and with ever accelerating technological advances and opportunities, it is essential for WFP supply chain to take a strategic and integrated approach to the management of technology and systems solutions.
A dedicated unit has been established within WFP’s Supply Chain Division to coordinate global supply chain IT solutions design, development, implementation, maintenance and support in close collaboration with our corporate IT Division (RMT) and technology partners. The mandate of the unit is to ensure supply chain staff across operations is empowered with technology and systems solutions that allow WFP’s supply chain to deliver effective and efficient assistance to beneficiaries and services to partners
We are currently seeking to fill the role of the admin support consultant. Job holder will report to the Head of the Unit. The job is based in Rome, Italy.
Under the general supervision of the Head of the Unit , the incumbent will maintain the overall information management for the unit, support communication flow, prepare reports and visual aids and help organize meetings/workshops.
- Conceptualizing and generating graphic images/illustrations and interactive presentations
- Prepare and/or consolidate comprehensive reports, documentation, correspondence, briefing notes, etc. and conduct research in the area of work;
- Manage and monitor a variety of complex correspondence and documentation to ensure appropriate prioritisation, routing, and that established deadlines are met;
- Coordinate and oversee the maintenance of records and databases, to ensure information is well organised and readily available to the team
- Contribute to communications through good research, analysis of assigned area of work and timely preparation and distribution of information products to target audience(s);
- Write and prepare materials for reports, and / or information material for internal and external distribution;
- Other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
University Degree or minimum of 3 years work experience in Administration, Communication, Information Management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, and preferably in other WFP languages.
- Ability to establish good working relationships in a multicultural team that operates under competing deadlines.
- Ability to organise work, take initiative and seek clarification when required.
- Experience in information and/or communication activities is an advantage.
TECHNICAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Strong coordination, planning and writing skills.
- Proven ability to organize and meet tight deadlines under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work in a team-based information-sharing environment, collaborating and cooperating with others.
Terms and Conditions
WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WFP.
http://www.wfp.org Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about WFP’s operations.
Deadline for applications: 4 February 2019
Ref.: VA No. 103353
Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.