Financial and Administration Manager Iraq
We are Dorcas and we desire justice, both for people and their communities, so that they flourish. We strive for lasting change for those who live in poverty, are excluded, or are caught in a crisis. We value entrepreneurship and are ready to go off the beaten track. We desire to partner with everyone who shares our mission.
We have country offices in Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East. In Iraq we have been operating since 2011. Our Relief and Early Recovery programs are mainly self-implemented and increasingly implemented through local partner organisations. From our head office in Dohuk, we coordinate the implementation of our programs in the sectors Protection and Food Security & Livelihoods.
At this moment we are recruiting an experienced
Financial and Administration Manager Iraq
(stationed in Dohuk, Kurdistan Region)
Employment: 1.0 FTE
Posting: Iraq is a non-family posting
Duration: 1 year with possible renewal of contract
The Financial and Administration Manager (F&A Manager) is responsible for the financial administration of the country office and projects, HR and Logistics. The F&A Manager is part of the Country Management Team, reports to the Country Director, while being the financial sparring partner for staff in the country office and for Finance at the International Office in the Netherlands.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Responsible for the financial administration of country office and partner organizations;
- Write and maintain financial policies meeting the local rules and regulations of the international office;
- Responsible for budgeting and reporting to institutional donors like the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs, EU, UNOCHA, WFP, etc.;
- Monitor budgets of country office as well as the projects;
- Monitoring of partner organizations in finance management, procurement and other related finance aspects linked to project implementation;
- Prepare for internal and external audits of the organization, cooperate with the International Office and auditors regarding the work related to audits;
- Analyse monitoring data and provide timely and solid guiding advice to Country Director, Program Managers and Project Coordinators;
- Lead the Finance and Administration team;
- Implement HR policies within the Country Office including employment contracts, maintaining HR data, annual leave, time sheets and personnel files etc.;
- Plan the team assignments, monitor and prioritize, ensuring timely delivery of reports;
- Reflect the vision and values of Dorcas with team members, local staff, beneficiaries and external contacts;
- Perform other duties and support other staff members as required.
- Minimum university degree in finance (management) or other relevant field;
- Minimum of 5 years relevant working experience in financial management of multiple projects, with thorough knowledge of accounting, and preferably experience with grant management and donor reporting;
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of technical tax and labour laws and skill in the ability to apply it;
- Up to date knowledge of the current (administrative) rules and regulations for the financial administration;
- Experience with HRM policies and HRM administration (i.a. contracts, payroll, personnel files);
- Computer skills, including excellent Excel skills and ability to work with automated accounting systems;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, knowledge of Arabic is an advantage;
- Strong analytical and leadership skills;
- Commitment, reliability and a high degree of personal integrity;
- Planning and time management skills;
- Being a Christian, adhering to the Christian identity of Dorcas;
- Full support of the mission and vision of Dorcas.
Dorcas offers the opportunity to become part of a growing International NGO with a dedicated team of professionals, with a challenging working environment and room for professional and personal development. Dorcas offers a suitable pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors. Furthermore, you will be offered an initial 12 month contract. Depending on continued funding, your performance and fit with the program and staff, the contract will be extended.
Information and application
Interested and qualified candidates are kindly invited to send a cover letter and resume (both in English) no later than February 9th, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter please reflect on your motivation for wanting to become part of Dorcas, being a Christian organization.
For more information about this position or the recruitment process, please contact Mr. David Karelse, Recruitment Officer, at email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Due to the urgency to fill this role, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We reserve the right to close this advert before the confirmed closing date when we are in receipt of sufficient applications. Should you wish to apply for this post you are kindly advised to submit your application as soon as possible. An assessment may be part of the recruitment process.
Recruitment is subject to successful completion of all applicable background checks, including references and criminal record checks.