Storekeeper - FT - G5 - (Ed Daein) - SSR
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Would you like to join WFP Sudan’s Logistics team and enable the delivery of professional, client-focused Logistics services? Are you ready to be a partner with managers to deliver a proactive and effective services that will enable WFP to change and save the lives of the most vulnerable people in Sudan? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for a talented Storekeeper in EdDaein, Sudan, to be hired on a FixedTerm at G5.
We are the largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. Our mission is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every single day, we work worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. For more information visit: http://www1.wfp.org/
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
TALENTED WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavour to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development opportunities.
These jobs are found in WFP warehouses. Job holders report to the Warehouse Management Associate.
At this level, job holders typically work in large WFP warehouses with very busy and complex warehouse operations and are required to operate with a high degree of independence. They manage a number of warehouse support staff to achieve effective warehouse management.
To coordinate receipt/dispatch and verification of commodities in order to maximise quality of warehouse operations and mitigate losses, and ensure implementation of the best storage management practices and compliance with WFP warehouse guidelines and standards.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Sub-Office and the Logistics Associate, the incumbent shall perform the following duties:
- Coordinate and/or receive/dispatch commodities including transshipment (truck to truck) against official approved documentation (e.g. STOs, LESS, waybills and/or delivery notes) ensuring accuracy in physical count of commodities including the quality in compliance with the established standards.
- Review, verify and sign off warehouse and transport documents, and ensure accurate maintenance of confidential files and warehouse transaction records to enable immediate reporting on commodity movements in line with the corporate requirements.
- Conduct daily warehouse closing reconciliation and accurate inventory checks supporting internal control systems in compliance with the warehouse management requirements.
- Perform daily inspections and prepare reports on the quantity and quality of the commodities received/dispatched and handled, detect promptly and analyses reasons for stock discrepancies/damages, investigate missing quantity and prepare warehouse loss reports recommending appropriate solutions, to enable informed decision-making.
- Support regular physical stock inventory exercise, to ensure compliance with IPSAS and standard business requirements.
- Implement appropriate measures to safeguard food and non-food commodities, to ensure quality control using standard preventive measures in line with WFP established procedures.
- Monitor condition of the warehouse and commodities and take appropriate actions, to support efficient warehouse space-planning and well-organized commodity storage following WFP warehouse standards.
- Provide supervision, guidance and on-the-job training to warehouse staff supporting their development and high performance.
- Ensure that assistants assigned to the various stores.
- Provide supervision and training of other storekeepers and casual labour.
- Accurate and precise records and/or data maintained; data discrepancies recognized and brought to the attention of the appropriate supervisor and/or officer.
- Organized and accurate records with well-analyzed data under minimal supervision.
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
- Ability to handle a large volume of work fast and accurately under pressure. Ability to draft correspondence and spell correctly and to maintain precise records. Courtesy, tact and ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to interpret and analyze a wide variety of data and identify and resolve data discrepancies and operational problems. Ability to write and spell correctly in the language required. Ability to communicate complex matters orally.
- Ability to perform detailed work and to handle a large volume of work quickly and accurately under time constraints and to deal patiently and tactfully with people of different national and cultural backgrounds, and to have a high sense of confidentiality, initiative and good judgment.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
Experience: At least four years of progressively responsible general storekeeper work experience. Additional experience in the field of Accounting, Administrative Services or other related field is an asset.
Language: Fluency (level C) in Arabic and English.
Knowledge: Training and/or experience utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and other software packages
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Experience using logistics databases to monitor ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock.
• Experience analysing data (on commodities, funds, etc.) and drafting reports.
• Experience in measuring service providers’ performance against set KPIs.
• Experience in assisting the preparation of contract documentation.
• Experience in providing technical business support in corporate systems.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Supply Chain Management and Optimization||Displays aptitude at monitoring and reporting on supply chain operations to enable teams to efficiently assess the performance and sustainability of current networks.|
|Planning, Project & Resource Management||Supports the planning, forecasting & resource management efforts of own team by collecting data from diverse sources.|
|Information Management & Reporting||Collates accurate and timely information and data to enable informed decision making on reporting within individual unit and consequently the greater humanitarian community.|
|Market Analysis, Contracting and Operational Execution||Ability to collect and collate necessary information to enable WFP to make informed operational decisions.|
|Warehouse and Inventory Management||Demonstrates ability to implement operational warehouse procedures and normative guidance in order to manage WFP’s warehouse, handle inventory effectively through corporate systems, and ensure loss mitigation.|
|Technical Assistance and Coordination||Demonstrates awareness of the importance of technical assistance and coordination with key stakeholders and an ability to carry out logistics activities, respecting individual mandates and programme priorities.|
This position is open ONLY to Sudanese nationals or those who are authorized to live and work in Sudan according to Sudanese regulations.
Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
WFP does not charge any fee at any stage of its recruiting process