Senior Officer- Regional Program (Resource Mobilization)
Senior Officer- Regional Program (Resource Mobilization)
The Senior Regional Program Officer reports to the Head of Programs (HoP) and support the HoP, Country Representatives or Leads in the planning and development of programs in the region. This position focuses on analyzing and providing substantive inputs to support program development in the portfolio; developing regional and country-level concept notes and proposals; coordinating the development of country and regional strategies; exploring and diversifying new program and business opportunities from institutional donors; supporting regional partnerships; and executing regional programs and events.
- Support the Head of Programs with analysis on dynamic contexts and evolving green growth needs and priorities of the countries in the region and integrate them into overall strategic planning and development of the regional portfolio.
- Support the Head of Programs and country offices with proposals development. This includes developing project models that align with national development priorities and can be promoted to the donor community.
- Support resource mobilization activities by developing and maintaining relationships with relevant partners and donors in the region.
- Develop material to effectively communicate to government, donors and other partners GGGI’s ongoing and potential activities.
- Apply institutional strategy to the development of country and regional strategy, including Country Planning Frameworks (CPFs), Country Business Plans and Regional Business Plan.
- Support the tracking and monitoring business development data and knowledge management of donors/partners and their requirements.
- Effectively leverage organizational-level resources for resource mobilization and partnership opportunities in the portfolio.
- Promote south-south learning and knowledge sharing amongst the countries within the portfolio and with countries and other parts of the organization.
- Collaborate with country team(s), other units and divisions of GGGI on identified joint activity opportunities to ensure integrated delivery as “One GGGI”.
- Advise the Head of Programs with evidence and data driven substantive inputs and analyses on country and regional program development.
- Maintain close working relationships with counterparts from GGGI’s country offices in the region.
- Seek opportunities to present lessons learned from the programs in the portfolio with external partners and engage in policy dialogue.
- Maintain active professional relations with partner governments and other key stakeholders to capture and integrate their changing green growth needs and manage expectations.
- Promote green growth and the GGGI methodology with the donor community and other stakeholders.
- Advise GGGI on opportunities for engagement in the regional context, demonstrating effective adaptation of the GGGI approach.
- Play a key role in developing expressions of interests, concept notes and proposals as necessary for the programs in the portfolio and ensure high-quality submissions.
- Develop, review and regularly update GGGI institutional donor opportunities mapping by theme, geographical coverage and priorities.
- Explore new program and business opportunities from institutional donors as per GGGI's global strategy, Country Planning Frameworks, Country Business Plans and Regional Business Plans.
- Contribute to the development, writing and packaging of concept notes and project proposals.
- Help formulate, review and revise GGGI country and regional strategies (including Country Planning Frameworks, Country Business Plans, Regional Business Plan) as well as organizational strategies and priorities
- Develop concept(s) and program(s) of regional knowledge sharing and stakeholder engagement events, such as workshop and conference, and support Head of Programs and country team to organize the events
- Support the internal processes and documentation related to new business development.
- Support the execution of regional programs.
- Stay abreast of international development, policies and best practices with particular attention to issues pertaining to green growth.
- Organize forums to share successes and program learning with donors, partners and peers.
- A Master's degree in relevant fields such as international development, international relations, environmental policy, natural resources management, economics, engineering, climate change, sustainable development or related field. Professional training in program development or resource mobilization is an asset.
- A Bachelor’s degree with additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of Master’s degree
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience in strategy & program development, program & business monitoring & evaluation, resource mobilization, ODA related and/or research & data analysis at International organizations, public organizations, NGOs, research institutes and/or private companies. . This includes having a strong track-record in engaging institutional donors active in Latin America and the Caribbean region, and experience in writing and evaluating donor funded proposals for programs in the region.
- Demonstrated solid understanding of the economic, social and environmental aspects relevant to green growth programming in the region.
- Ability to review and synthesize information and produce appropriate documents with a strong analytical background, coupled with exceptional strategic thinking skills is required
- Experience in event organization, outreach and communication is desirable Experience in the usage of standard software programs such as Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook is required.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Spanish is a requirement.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work under pressure and to establish and maintain effective work relationships with people of different backgrounds.
- Able to think strategically and in close collaboration with others.
- Detail-oriented striving for quality and consistency in all outputs and communications.
- Output-oriented, demonstrating creativity, innovation and an entrepreneurial drive.
- Highly-organized and able to effectively and efficiently multi-task and prioritize.
- Comfortable working both in a team and independently.
- Understands and actively supports GGGI's mission, vision and values.
- Promotes an organizational culture of trust, transparency, respect and partnership,
- Processes and shares information easily and is excellent at problem solving.
- Manages emotions and stress positively, builds rapport and resolves conflict easily.
- Promotes creativity and innovation among staff.