Senior Key Relationship Officer
medair zurich | Switzerland
Senior Key Relationship Officer
Switzerland Global Support Office
Develop Medair’s presence in the German-speaking Switzerland by raising funds with HNWI and increasing visibility.
Responsible for stewarding existing donors and building a network of high giving individuals using a structured approach to develop a portfolio that will contribute to our growth strategy.
Workplace & Conditions
Medair Zurich, Switzerland.
Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
Starting Date & Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time, open-ended contract.
Key Activity Areas
- Create and implement “moves management” strategy using Sales Force as a CRM tool
- Identify new opportunities for business development
Relationships fundraising with individuals
- Develop and manage personal contact with donors and prospects to build positive and sustainable relationships.
- Develop acquisition plan, identify new networks and generate new leads
- Network at external conferences and events and when possible attend as a speaker to promote Medair.
- Promote and use fundraising products i.e. legacy giving.
- Contribute to the establishment of an advisory board with colleagues in the Global Support Office in Ecublens.
- Handle “Thank you management” for donors.
- In collaboration with Zurich team, create communication material such as writing project summaries, reports, letters, brochures and presentations.
Leverage Christian networks
- Leverage Christian communities and networks to gather support and use as multiplier to attract individuals, corporates and foundations.
- Approach the Christian community proactively as a recruiting base.
Support and promote Medair fundraising events
- In collaboration with Zurich team, support and promote Medair fundraising events to attract new people and/or consolidate existing relationships.
- Increase brand awareness and seek proactively opportunities to position Medair within the targeted audiences.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Educated to degree level in Marketing, Sales, Account Management or Communication.
- A certification of professional fundraising / project management is a plus.
- Excellent written and spoken German skills.
- Good English working knowledge (spoken and written).
- Fluent in Swiss German is a plus.
- Good French working knowledge is a plus.
- Demonstrable professional success in the area of fundraising / marketing / sales.
- Private or public sector experience in Switzerland.
- Advanced user of MS Office. Experience in CRM / sales management software.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in front of small and large audiences.
- Networking skills.
- Analysing and strategic thinking.
- Close to the market, ability to identify potential of audiences. Pioneer and self-driven.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set, innovative and open for new approaches.
- Ability to implement fundraising projects. Goal and performance oriented.
- Collaborative team player. People-oriented.
- Overseas experience in a humanitarian/development project.
- Experience in using Social media.
- Understanding of International and humanitarian context.
- Experience in business development.