Logistics Assistant SC4 / Forklift Driver
WFP KYRGYZSTAN COUNTRY OFFICE
Opened on 1 February 2019 - Closing on 15 February 2019
The World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Location: Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic
Duration of Employment: 1 year with possibility of extension
Organizational Context and Role: The full-time position of Logistics Assistant will be split into two job functions as follow:
- Logistics Assistant functions will be directly supervised by the Head of Supply Chain Unit (70% of the workload);
- Forklift Driver functions will be directly supervised by the Warehouse Manager in Bishkek under the overall supervision of Head of Supply Chain Unit (30% of the workload).
Key responsibilities (not all-inclusive, nor exhaustive):
1. Provide support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and facilitating, directly or indirectly, the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
2. Support timely ordering and delivery of commodities and supplies to authorized partners and destinations.
3. Support management of logistics vendors’ contracting activities including performance monitoring and measurement.
4. Respond to a variety of technical queries/requests for support, following standard processes, and obtaining guidance as required, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of all enquiries with a high standard of client service mind-set.
5. Contribute to budget preparation, monitoring and revision for all delivery modalities, ensuring adherence to relevant procedures and in compliance with corporate standards.
6. Assist in monitoring inventory management processes to track trends and account for the inventory status from source to beneficiary.
7. Assist in management of commodity accounting data quality and integrity.
8. Support operational pipeline analyses, assessments and operational planning for all delivery modalities.
9. Process documentation for execution of logistics operations (e.g. customs clearance, invoice verification), take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues escalating various issues to the supervisor.
10. Collect and compile data, produce and/or contribute to reports (e.g. CCTI, SPRs, financial closure, physical inventory, transport performance) and ensure information accuracy in corporate systems in support to informed decision-making.
11. Liaise with internal and limited number of external stakeholders to support efficient logistics operations management.
12. Provide guidance to other support staff, in order to assist them in completing standard tasks to agreed standards and deadlines.
13. Under Outcome-1 of CSP 2018-2022 to support procurement of canteen equipment (verify list of equipment breakdown for each school, follow up with suppliers on timely delivery, installation and repair of malfunctions, etc.).
14. Support in market assessment on transportation, handling, fumigation, forklift maintenance services and collect information for LCA update.
15. Follow up transportation of food to final distribution points and circulating daily delivery report with Programme.
16. Creation of Purchase Requisitions (PRs) in the system.
17. Conduct retailer market assessment, preparation of reports with analysis and recommendations.
Specific forklift driver responsibilities (30% of the workload):
18. Operate the forklift in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods.
19. On a regular basis, inspect and perform minor maintenance on the forklift.
20. Maintain and operate the forklift according to the manufacturer’s manual, follow all required work safe practices and regulations.
21. Provide uninterrupted operation of the forklift and safety of food commodity during loading/offloading.
22. Report any food safety and food quality related issues to Warehouse Manager immediately.
23. Report all incidents, accidents, and/or hazards immediately.
24. Maintain the forklift and spare parts and a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
25. Assist in physical inventories of food commodity and non-food items.
26. Assist in performing overall warehousing activities when/as required.
27. Assist Warehouse Manager in stock tally and preparation of commodity movement reports.
28. Refuel warehouse generator and check periodically its operational status, inform Warehouse Manager in case of malfunctions.
29. Perform other related duties as required.
Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
Supply Chain Management and Optimization
Displays aptitude at monitoring and reporting on supply chain operations to enable teams to efficiently assess the performance and sustainability of current networks.
Planning, Project & Resource Management
Supports the planning, forecasting & resource management efforts of own team by collecting data from diverse sources.
Information Management & Reporting
Collates accurate and timely information and data to enable informed decision making on reporting within individual unit and consequently the greater humanitarian community.
Market Analysis, Contracting and Operational Execution
Ability to collect and collate necessary information to enable WFP to make informed operational decisions.
Warehouse and Inventory Management
Demonstrates ability to implement operational warehouse procedures and normative guidance in order to manage WFP’s warehouse, handle inventory effectively through corporate systems, and ensure loss mitigation.
Technical Assistance and Coordination
Demonstrates awareness of the importance of technical assistance and coordination with key stakeholders and an ability to carry out logistics activities, respecting individual mandates and programme priorities.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
- Experience using corporate systems to monitor ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock.
- Experience analyzing data (on commodities, funds, etc.) and drafting reports.
- Experience in measuring service providers’ performance against set KPIs.
- Experience in assisting the preparation of contract documentation.
- Experience in providing technical business support in corporate systems.
- Professional work experience as a forklift driver.
STANDARD MINIMUM ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS:
- Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Language: Good knowledge (oral and written) of English, Russian and Kyrgyz.
“Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply”
OPEN TO KYRGYZSTAN NATIONALS ONLY
WFP DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING).