Communications Associate SC7
WFP KYRGYZSTAN COUNTRY OFFICE
Opened on 1 February 2019 - Closing on 15 February 2019
The World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic
The Communications Associate will be directly supervised by the Head of Communications. Donor Relations and Reporting and under the general supervision of the Country Director
Within delegated authority, the Communications Associate will be responsible for the following duties:
- Perform communications tasks and provide necessary administrative and logistics support in the development, preparation, execution and dissemination of communications activities for target audiences.
- Conduct research, suggest ideas, and provide coordination support to ensure the timely and effective delivery of communications projects.
- Manage a broad range of day-to-day questions and information requests from internal and external stakeholders, using specialised knowledge to respond to these in a timely, appropriate manner.
- Contribute to the development of communications methods and processes in order to improve their effectiveness and increase awareness of WFP’s work to the media and stakeholders.
- Under guidance, support the production, storage and distribution of communications and visibility materials in accordance with relevant policies.
- Assist in arranging communications activities including press conferences, media field trips and support with drafting communications materials
- Assist in organising and executing special events, working closely with colleagues, external partners and media, to ensure events are effectively scheduled, publicised and attended
- Monitor traditional and social media and report relevant information to senior staff to inform the development and/or evaluation of communications activities and strategies.
- Under guidance, prepare content for use on traditional and social media platforms and networks, and printed materials, to enhance coverage and support of WFP’s activities, ensuring consistency with corporate messages
- Under guidance, perform the focal point role for WFP’s Russian language website - www.wfp.org/ru by producing tailor-made material and translating/adapting the corporate content including videos, animated graphics, photo materials, web banners, info graphics and other multimedia features on regular basis
Critical Success Factors:
- Able to communicate simply, clearly and effectively with strong writing and editing skills in Russian, English, and Kyrgyz
- Experienced of working with colleagues remotely and maintaining excellent time-keeping and reporting
- Experienced in planning, executing and facilitating communications projects and media activities and events
- Able to work in a team and establish effective working relations with persons of various cultural and national backgrounds
- Experienced in social media management and monitoring
- Experienced in photo and video editing
- Experienced in use of platforms for producing and editing digital communications material such as infographics, animations and multi-media products
University degree in one or more of the following disciplines: journalism, communications, public relations, social sciences or international relations.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in communications (Corporate Communications, Public Relations, Business Communications) or Journalism.
- Experience in all aspects of communications ‐ from planning to design and production, event management and brand management
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with traditional, digital and emerging communications platforms. Social media experience essential.
- Strong networking capabilities and good contacts with national media.
- Strong presentation and writing skills and demonstrated ability to calibrate communications to resonate with internal and external target audiences
- Photography, videography and editing skills preferred
- Demonstrated abilities to manage multiple priorities, projects and internal/external resources in a fast‐paced environment, while meeting deadlines and budget requirements.
- Relevant experience in media relations for United Nations or NGO organizations.
- Expertise in web editing and web promotion.
Excellent computer and web literacy, general understanding of UN system policies, rules and regulations.
Fluency in written and spoken English, Russian and Kyrgyz; strong Russian/Kyrgyz writing/editing skills
“Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply”
OPEN TO KYRGYZSTAN NATIONALS ONLY
WFP DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING).