Request for Proposals for Designing, Construction and Furnishing of Office
Job id : 111570
Relevant Sectors: Infrastructure, Technology, Engineering, Science
TNC-THE NATURE CONSERVANCY CENTRE
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS FOR DESIGNING, CONSTRUCTION AND FURNISHING OF OFFICE
The Nature Conservancy (TNC) is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact around the world in more than 70 countries, with a new program in India. Founded in 1951, the mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Visit www.nature.org/aboutustolearn more.
TNC-The Nature Conservancy Centre (TNC India) is a subsidiary of TNC. It is a Section 8 Company incorporated in India in 2017 with the objective of advancement of India’s environmental goals as they relate to conserving water, improving air and lands and conserving India’s rich and sacred natural heritage through a science-based non-confrontational approach. TNC-The Nature Conservancy Centre is also registered under Section 12A and 80G of Income Tax Act. Visit www.tncindia.into learn more.
II.Request for Proposal
Request for Proposals (RFP) are invited from reputed Consultants (Architects/Interior Designers) to provide professional services to design, construct and furnish an office space of around 3650 Sq. Feet (Carpet Area) in Lajpat Nagar, New Delhi for TNC-The Nature Conservancy Centre.
Applicants who have successfully executed works of similar nature and are in operation for at least 5 years are eligible to submit their proposals.
IV.Objective & Scope of Work
The key objective of this RFP is to build a smart eco-friendly office for TNC India which should reflect the vision, values and culture of the organisation. As far as possible the office design and infrastructure should be environment friendly and use ergonomic equipment of high quality. The Consultant shall pay special attention to the following aspects:
- Energy Efficient – The office design and infrastructure should be energy efficient and should reduce TNC’s carbon footprint.
- Open Office space – Individual work stations for 35 staff. Personal pin boards, writable wall on one side.
- Office Furniture – Should use eco-friendly ergonomic furniture, wherever possible.
- Conference Room – With a seating capacity of 30 persons. One wall should be writable. Should be sound proof.
- Cabins – 1 big & 3 small. One wall should be writable. Should be sound proof.
- Reception Area – Near the Lift area. With seating capacity of 4-6 visitors.
- Meeting Rooms – 2 meeting rooms, one with seating for 8-10 persons & the other with seating for 4-6 persons.
- Toilets – Already built.
- Server Room – Already built.
Professional interior design, implementation and project management services are required to build a green office on one floor covering approx. 3650 sq. feet area (exact area to be measured by the applicant by doing site visit). Floor Plan of the said floor is provided in Annex. 1.
Based on the approved design, the Consultant shall remove existing temporary structure, build and construct interior fit out works and carry out all relevant Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) services need for this purpose.
The scope includes the following items:
The Consultant will develop a design concept plan in concert with its MEP (mechanical, electrical and plumbing) consultants for review and approval by TNC.
- Design documents drawn to scale depicting wall and door locations, furniture layouts, ceiling treatments, lighting solutions and engineering solutions.
- Finish plans indicating wall and floor finishes.
- Pricing documents in sufficient detail to assist in preliminary pricing by others.
The Consultant will facilitate the development of construction documents based on the approved design for the purposes of permitting and construction.
Post approval of the designs and execution of the contract – the consultant will have to execute the project within a timeline (to be mutually agreed upon by TNC and the consultant).
Detailed drawings depicting all interior construction elements including electric fitting and engineering solutions (To include air purifiers and extensive indoor planting).
FF&E Design and Procurement
The Consultant will propose furniture and equipment design and take necessary approvals from TNC before procuring the same.
- Specifications and standards for furniture, electrical and other fittings.
- Procure and install furniture, electrical and other fittings after getting approval from TNC.
V.Submission of Proposal
Proposal should comprise of two separate parts – (1) Technical Proposal; and (2) Financial Proposal.
Technical Proposal shall contain the following details:
- Detailed profile of the Firm
- Profile of the team members who will execute this project
- At least 3 satisfactory completion certificates and/or references from past client for similar services
- Design of the Office
- Details of material to be used
- Details of furniture, fixture and other equipment to be installed
- Make and brand of the material mentioned in point (3)
- Expected duration of completion of work
- Warranty and service to be provided after completion of the contract.
Financial Proposal shall contain the following details:
(1)Legal status of the firm
(3)PAN & GST Number
(4)Cost of the project with full break-up
(5)Proposed terms of payment
(6)Taxes, if any
Note: All Assets, including furniture, fixtures and other equipment, should be purchased in the name of TNC-The Nature Conservancy Centre.
VI.Site Visit & De-briefing Meeting
Site visit shall be facilitated by TNC between 5th to 11th February 2019 for the Consultant to help them prepare their proposal. A de-briefing meeting shall be organised on 13th February 2019 to provide an opportunity to the Consultant to understand TNC’s work culture, values, ethics, mission and vision statement as these should be reflected in the design and ambience of the new office. This is also an opportunity for the Consultant to get more clarity about the requirements of TNC.
VII.Submission of Proposal
Last date of submission of proposal is 15th February 2019. Both, Technical and Financial Proposals should reach Mr. Neeraj Garg by 5 pm on 15th February at TNC-The Nature Conservancy Centre, A 287, Second Floor, Defence Colony, New Delhi 110024.
Once the submission of proposal is done, a detailed presentation would be required to be given by the shortlisted Consultants to the Procurement Committee on 19th February 2019.
VIII.Evaluation of Proposals
All proposals will be evaluated by the Procurement Committee on technical and financial parameters. The Procurement Committee may request for further information from the Consultant relating to the proposal submitted by them. Procurement Committee shall declare the name of the selected Consultant on 21st February 2019 at 5 pm. The decision will be communicated to all the participants. The selected Consultant would be required to start work by 25th February 2019.
IX.Completion of Project
All work undertaken should be completed within the time agreed in the contract. In case of any delay, a penalty at the rate of Rs 5000 per day shall be deducted from the contract amount.
X. Payment Terms
Payment shall be made by construction-linked instalment method over the entire tenure of this project by account payee cheques/wire transfer in the name of the selected Consultant. Payment shall be made within 30 of submission of proper invoice.
For detailed information, please check the complete version of the RFP attached below.