Monitoring &Evaluation Officer
PSP II will focus on strengthening the Federal Parliament and provincial assemblies of Nepal. The main counterpart is the nine parliament secretariats and the committees established in each parliament. The project aims at strengthening the institution parliament as such in its role as legislator, oversight body and representative of the people. PSP II will focus on five specific outputs: (i) the effectiveness of parliaments to participate in PFM at the national and sub-national levels; (ii) the ability of parliaments to be fully engaged in the implementation of the 2030 Agenda and the SDGs through their roles in law-making and oversight; (iii) increased transparency within the work of the parliaments to address the need for information about their work and to address the potential for political anomalies; (iv) the institutionalization of practices to engage women, youth and disadvantaged groups to ensure that their voices are heard during parliamentary processes; and (v) targeted support to MPs, representing women and disadvantaged groups to support them in assuming leadership roles within parliament and their parliamentary party groups.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a comprehensive M&E system of the project including Results framework and M&E plan;
- Development of and oversee the review of project level Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) plan and associated work plans for each activity (as reflected in the results framework);
- Develop TORs for M&E tasks to be carried out for consulting firms e.g. the design of surveys, evaluations (mid-term and final evaluation), etc. using a combination of quantitative and qualitative methods;
- Support technical work such as reviewing M&E methods, data-base management, designing M&E tools and advising M&E technical assistance;
- Oversee and participate in evaluation and assessments;
- Ensure quality control of M&E outputs, supervise design and implementation of the survey, data verification, and analytical tasks conducted under the contract;
- Work closely with project team for the design, quality, development and completion of all assessments, analytical reports, case studies, success stories;
- Coordinate and cooperate with project team for promoting information sharing on all aspects related to project activities among stakeholders;
- Ensure mentoring and training of project team to foster capacity building on M&E knowledge;
- Review monitoring and evaluation system/mechanism, process and procedures;
- Monitor project progress through frequent field trips and offer feedback;
- Keep regular communication with related field and centre level staff;
- Serve as focal point for providing M&E inputs on reporting as per the Results and Resources Framework;
- Provide technical support in designing monitoring formats for the oversights functions of thematic committees.
- Accomplish other tasks related to preparing, monitoring, evaluation and MIS as per the need of project;
- Develop and maintain M&E database for the project.
- Ensure GESI has been mainstreamed in the database and in the implementation;
- Effective functioning of project M&E system with results orientation and quality reporting in a timely manner;
- Supported planning and budgeting of project;
- Periodic progress report prepared;
- Knowledge management facilitated and documented.
Required Skills and Experience
- Completion of Master’s Degree in Social Science, Business Management or relevant fields.
- 5 years working experience in M&E field;
- Excellent in preparing reports and analytical skills;
- Working experience in data management;
- Familiarity with federal system;
- Knowledge of Project cycle and Results Based Management tools;
- Training on M&E will be an asset.
- Fluency in oral and written English and Nepali is essential.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel etc.);
- Knowledge of handling web-based management systems.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieve work force diversity (in terms of nationality, minority groups, caste/ethnic groups, persons with disability etc.) and has a policy to have gender balance among staff at all levels. Qualified female candidates and candidates particularly from disadvantaged and socially excluded groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with highest confidentiality
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.