Product Manager Consultant - Innovation Accelerator
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance
TYPE OF CONTRACT:
DUTY STATION (City, Country):
5 months, extendable
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest provider of humanitarian food assistance. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in 82 countries each year Around 14,000 people work for the organization, most of them in remote areas, directly serving the hungry poor.
ShareTheMeal is developed as the first pilot project of the WFP Innovation Accelerator, part of the Innovation and Change Management Division, which aims to combine start-up lean thinking with non-profit projects to reduce food insecurity and malnutrition. This division reports to the Chief of Staff of WFP and seeks to create value through prioritizing and better harnessing innovative ideas, as well as scaling up transformative projects to a global level.
The ShareTheMeal app was launched in 2015 and currently has more than 1,000,000 users. The team, located in Berlin, is focused on further developing the app to include new and innovative features, and on increasing the engagement of existing users and growing the user base through marketing and communication initiatives.
The Consultant, reporting to the Head of Product and Technology for the ShareTheMeal initiative, is expected to:
- Develop and manage, together with Head of Product and Technology, a product roadmap and strategy for ShareTheMeal
- Carry out discussions with relevant external counterparts and WFP staff to derive options on the product strategy
- Prepare discussion documents for the product strategy and architecture including standards
- Work with external partners to align ShareTheMeal product features with related services and products (such as payment, platform and hosting providers)
- Perform both quantitative and qualitative user research and data analysis to guide product decisions and A/B tests
- Work together with ShareTheMeal’s Development team to implement new features and to improve and iterate on existing functionalities
- Research and define functional requirements and prepare clear specifications, with the support of UI/UX design and our Development team
- Ensure alignment on timelines and technical dependencies and help set priorities
- Work collaboratively with the Development team, UI/UX design, QA, content, localization and BI team, and other stakeholders to ensure features are implemented and rolled out successfully
- Support other activities as required
DELIVERABLES AT THE END OF THE CONTRACT:
- A product roadmap and strategy is defined, which is in line with KPIs
- Key product improvements and features of this roadmap have been successfully implemented
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Experience: At least 2 years of experience in product management of native iOS and Android apps, preferably transaction-focused apps in the e-commerce industry
Knowledge & Skills:
- Very strong analytical abilities, both quantitative and qualitative; ability to produce high-quality written materials
- Excellent communication and coordination skills enabling you to interact effectively with stakeholders, developers, designers, content, QA and BI
- Ability to interact with managers with maturity and tact
- Mature judgment with strong interpersonal skills
- Collaborative spirit able to liaise with a wide range of people at all levels and across different cultures and to act with credibility and diplomacy
- Strong time management skills with an ability to plan ahead, anticipate requirements, problems and obstacles, and an ability to juggle competing priorities successfully and to work to tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and able to work with a high degree of autonomy
- Fully committed and motivated to achieve the aims of the World Food Programme
Languages: In addition to high proficiency in written and spoken English, knowledge of a second UN language is a plus
Terms and Conditions:
WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WFP.
http://www.wfp.org Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about WFP’s operations.
Deadline for applications: 15 February 2019
Ref.: VA No. 103395
Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.