Programme Specialist, Sexual Reproductive Health, Tripoli, Libya, P3
The Programme Specialist - Sexual and Reproductive Health will establish and maintain collaborative relationships with counterparts in government, multi-lateral and bi-lateral agencies and civil society to address SRH emerging issues and to facilitate programme delivery.
You will directly report to the Representative.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
You will ensure the effective management of UNFPA activities in the areas of sexual and Reproductive Health. You will oversee project formulation and evaluation, joint programming initiatives and the roll out of the different components of the midwifery and nursing program.
- Strengthen and reinforce UNFPA leadership role in Sexual and Reproductive Health and especially midwifery and specialized nursing practice through provision of high quality technical assistance for government and other national counterparts in the country;
- Oversee the roll out of the Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health strategy (RMNCAH) in Libya particularly the human resources and service delivery components and advice on innovative approaches to strengthen health systems including in the humanitarian setting;
- Ensure the overall management and coordination for the EU-funded project to advance midwifery and specialized nursing in Libya;
- Advocate for Improving availability of sexual and Reproductive Health services, including the prevention of HIV transmission among populations that are most at risk and their partners, and from mothers to their children;
- Provide substantive input for proper management and monitoring of SRH interventions;
- Advance the SRH policy and advocacy agenda to provide supportive platform for interventions directed towards Maternal mortality reduction.
Master degree in Public health, Medicine or other related social science field.
Knowledge and Experience:
At least five years’ experience in Reproductive health and maternal health especially midwifery and specialized nursing with experience in programme planning and implementation in a context of results-based management and programming. Successful record of program management responsibilities.
Proven experience in design and implementation of SRH Programs
Thorough knowledge and understanding of Health system functioning at national and state level in Sudan.
Proven technical and managerial skills in the development of project proposals, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of SRH programmes.
Knowledge of international reproductive health, population and development issues with specific attention to gender-aware and gender-sensitive and human rights approaches.
Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.). Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
Fluency in both written and spoken English. Working level of Arabic is desirable.