Programme Associate (Nutrition) SC L6 (Multiple Duty Stations) SSR
Working Job Language (2)
Programme Associate (Nutrition) in (Multiple Duty Stations) – SC 6 - SSR
Would you like to join WFP Sudan’s Programme team and enable the delivery of professional, client-focused programme services? Are you ready to partner with managers to deliver effective programme solutions that will change and save the lives of the most vulnerable people in Sudan? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for a talented Programme Associate (Nutrition) to support our offices in Port Sudan, Kassala, Kosti, Kadugli, Damazine and El Obied, Sudan, to be hired on Service Contract at the SC 6 level.
We are the largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. Our mission is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every single day, we work worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. For more information visit: http://www1.wfp.org/
WFP’s greatest strength is its 14,000 dedicated people working tirelessly around the world to reduce hunger, often under difficult conditions where security threats and risks to personal safety are considerable. The global context in which WFP operates is rapidly changing which means the need for effective people management is becoming more important than ever before. In this context, WFP launched its People Strategy in November 2014. It articulates key strategic focus to build an engaged workforce, with the right skills, in the right roles enabling WFP to continue fulfilling its humanitarian response role while simultaneously building its capabilities to address the long-term goals of Zero Hunger.
How to apply?
To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
Talented women are encouraged to apply
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavour to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development opportunities.
- Provide technical support and assist in the development and implementation of various nutrition activities such as TSFP, e-BSFP, FBPMAM, HF, SBCC, nutrition sensitive programmes etc. making sure that nutrition activities are in alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
- Provide nutrition project management support to ensure that the various activities are performed within the established targets following WFP’s policies and procedures.
- Participate in monitoring of Nutrition activities making sure that corrective actions are taken timeously in the field.
- Prepare a range of reports and data analysis related to nutrition e.g. nutrition assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, programme performance and highlight trends/issues ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control.
- Ensure and/or perform accurate, timely recording of data within nutrition (e.g. treatment programmes, screening activities, nutrition surveys and vulnerability assessments) and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Participate in weekly Nutrition update meetings as well as prepare monthly update reports.
- Support in development and signing of various memorandums of understanding and field level agreements with SMOH and other partners such as NGOs/INGOs.
- Liaise with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing nutrition project activities.
- Coordinate and communicate with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions to perform accurate nutrition situation analyses and to ensure efficient delivery of nutrition activities.
- Represent WFP in various technical working groups related to nutrition such as the Nutrition Cluster at field level.
- Support capacity building of WFP staff, cooperating partners and national government within the field of Nutrition.
- Act as a point of contact for resolution of a range of operational queries and problems within nutrition.
- Oversee and/or review the work of other support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to contribute to delivering objectives to agreed standards and deadlines.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP can quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Perform other related duties, as required.
Standard minimum qualifications:
- This vacancy is open to qualified Sudanese Nationals Only.
- Completion of secondary school education and A post-secondary certificate in Nutrition, Public Health, Family Sciences, food science.
- At least five years of progressively responsible work experience in technical teams is desirable.
- Fluency in English and Arabic.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- Tact, courtesy and good communication skills to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals with different national and cultural backgrounds in a team environment.
- Proactive working style and ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify or escalate problems requiring attention.
- Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word and SAP.
- Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
- Holding an English language proficiency certification is an asset.
4Ps CORE ORGANIZATIONAL CAPABILITIES:
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/” We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
Has worked with technical teams (i.e. nutrition, VAM, etc.).
Has contributed to implementation of programmes.
Has observed or assisted with policy discussions.
- Starting Date: 03.02.2019
- Closing Date: 17.02.2019
* Candidates should indicate in order of preference the duty station they prefer in case of appointment.
* Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
* WFP has zero tolerance with discrimination and does not discriminate to HIV/AIDS status.
* WFP does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process