IT Operations Assistant G5
Phnom Penh (Cambodia)
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
This post is open to Cambodian Nationality only
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP’s mission is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger by 2030 as per the Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 2. It works to ensure that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
In the period 2019-2023, through the Country Strategic Plan (CSP), WFP Cambodia will contribute to achieving Zero Hunger by promoting access to nutritious diets through home grown school feeding and improving climate smart food production and transformation capacities of small holder farming communities. WFP will help set standards and guidelines for food transformation to satisfy the increasing demand for nutritious processed and convenient foods. WFP will leverage its subnational presence and existing implementation relationships to build scalable models for replication nationally, and enable subnational counterparts’ hands-on learning in intervention planning, management and implementation.
Further, WFP will support national and subnational disaster and climate change risk management and assist national strategic direction and coordination on food security, nutrition and social protection through enhanced information systems, knowledge management, and public-private and south-south partnerships.
The CSP aims to contribute to five Strategic Outcomes that are aligned to four Strategic Results of SDG 2 (Zero Hunger) and SDG 17 (Partnerships for Development). A total of 6 Activities are planned to be implemented to achieve the contributions to the five Strategic Outcomes. The five strategic outcomes are:
Strategic Outcome 1
Vulnerable communities in Cambodia have access to nutritious, safe, diverse, convenient, affordable and preferred foods by 2025
Strategic Outcome 2
Poor and vulnerable communities in Cambodia are more resilient to shocks and stresses in the food system by 2023
Strategic Outcome 3
National and subnational institutions have strengthened capacities to mitigate risks and lead coordinated shock preparedness and response efforts by 2025
Strategic Outcome 4
National and subnational institutions in Cambodia have strengthened capacities to develop, coordinate and implement well-informed, effective, and equitable actions for achieving food security and nutrition targets by 2030
Strategic Outcome 5
Development and humanitarian partners in Cambodia have access to common supply chain services throughout the year.
CSP Position Title: IT Operations Assistant
Type of Contract: Fixed Term Appointment
Grade: GS - 5
Duty Station: WFP Country Office, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Duration: One year (extendable)
Reporting Line: Under the overall supervision of Head of Support Services Unit, this position reports to the Senior IT Operations Associate.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Carry out system maintenance tasks, such as performing monitoring tasks, running system diagnostics, and system optimization, to ensure they are running effectively and enable easy and efficient use.
- Maintain technology, including standard repairs, configuration, and storage, in accordance with data security and access controls to ensure IT equipment required for WFP staff is available.
- Prepare files and systems for inventory and archives, such as website content and directories, to assist content owner to update information, as needed.
- Allocate tasks to other colleagues, ensuring tasks are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines, to support the effective delivery of services.
- Respond to a variety of queries about technology and systems in order to assist WFP staff to deliver their services.
- With support of senior colleagues, provide standard training to end users of technology and systems to ensure staff use standard technology and systems effectively.
- Perform routine deployments of server hardware and software, including testing and the identification of problems, to contribute to the effective functioning of technology.
- Maintain information records such as updating web pages and statistical databases to ensure the information is current and well organized.
- Install, operate and maintain telecommunications systems and equipment, to ensure optimal services in compliance with standard operations procedures.
- Support the development of standard material such as training documentation and web content on behalf of senior officers, to ensure staff have access to required information about IT services and products.
- Suggest improvements to methods and processes in order to support the continuous improvement of IT services.
- Follow set emergency response processes and procedures as required to provide support in enabling emergency food assistance needs to be met.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Provide technical guidance on ICT matters to IT focal points in WFP Area Offices.
- Provide technical ICT support to relevent units/teams (e.g. programme, information technology teams) during trainings/ workshops, as appropriate.
- Ensure users can access the SAP global system and global account management.
- Act as inventory focal point for the Global Equipment Management System (GEMS), incl. record new equipment/fixed assets, change, transfer, loan, dispose of ICT materials, conduct inventory count and maintain general ICT consumable stocks.
- Ensure ICT operations continuity in the absence of the Senior IT Operations Associate.
- Ensure gender is considered throughout all areas of work under the post, as relevant.
- Others as required.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Governance, Strategy and Architecture||Demonstrates awareness of overall IT governance structure and system architecture development to support the process and assist in design of interaction between systems.|
|Change Implementation, Project management, Planning and Optimization||Has basic understanding of project management principles to provide basic estimates on timing, resource utilisation and costs to facilitate the project planning process.|
|Technical Expertise||Continuously updates one’s own knowledge about new technologies and product modifications; Is sought out for advice/expertise and recognized internally as an important technical reference.|
|Service Management||Understands and follows the established standards and protocols for service excellence within own domain to maintain quality of delivery and high levels of customer satisfaction.|
|Client Management||Exhibits a detailed understanding of customers’ IT requests in order to effectively address and manage internal customers ‘needs. Identifies recurrent issues to propose long-term solutions.|
|Procurement and Contract Management||Assists in the technology selection process by collating information on vendors and/or products for evaluation against criteria.|
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in the English language.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has a minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience, possibly with increasing level of responsibility.
- Has experience utilizing computers, including Microsoft Office 365 package (e.g. Word, Excel) and other standard software packages and systems.
- Has experience using SAP based business management tools and applications as relevant to ICT, administration and/or other.
- Has helpdesk experience, including analyzing most frequent support needs, trends and underlying issues.
- Has experience resolving more complex technical issues, related to networking, Active Directory, user account management, RODC (Read Only Domain Controllers), Windows 10, Firewalls and hardware such as laptops and related peripherals.
- Has experience applying the organizational client services standards to resolve or escalate clients’ service problems to the appropriate higher level channel.
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an account on the WFP Career Website: http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings
- Under Filter By “Country”, type “Cambodia” and select the position you want to apply to.
- The vacancy will be closed on Sunday, 17 February 2019 at 17:00 GMT+7
Qualified women and men are encouraged to apply.
WFP is committed to an inclusive working environment which values diversity
and has zero tolerance for discrimination, harassment and abuse of any kind.
- WFP is committed to gender equality and parity (50% women and 50% men) and to diversity more generally, among employees across all grades, functions and contract modalities. WFP supports the use of flexible working arrangements to assist women and men in balancing work and personal responsibilities, translating into effective, efficient and dedicated participation of women and men in the workforce.
- WFP offers an attractive salary and other benefits, including annual leave, parental leave and health insurance for staff and eligible dependents. Kindly see the following weblinks for more information: (http://www.un.org/Depts/OHRM/salaries_allowances/salaries/cambodia.htm)
- WFP Work Environment: WFP is committed to ensuring that all its workplaces are free from abuse, offensive behavior, harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. WFP does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status. WFP is also committed to promoting a work culture in which every employee understands, and is able to carry out, his/her personal responsibilities for maintaining the dignity of work colleagues. WFP seeks to promote gender equality and the empowerment of women. We believe our mission of fighting global hunger worldwide can only be achieved if women, men, girls and boys are offered equal opportunities in terms of access to resources and services, and participation in decision making roles.