Monitoring Assistant (SCOPE Registeration) (Multiple Duty Stations) SSR
Monitoring Assistant SC 4 (Multiple Duty Stations)
Would you like to join WFP Sudan’s Programme team and enable the delivery of professional, client-focused programme services? Are you ready to partner with managers to deliver effective programme solutions that will change and save the lives of the most vulnerable people in Sudan? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for a talented Monitoring Assistant (SCOPE) to support our programmes in our offices in Kassala, Kosti & El Obied, Sudan, to be hired on Service Contract at the 4 level.
We are the largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. Our mission is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every single day, we work worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. For more information visit: http://www1.wfp.org/
WFP’s greatest strength is its 14,000 dedicated people working tirelessly around the world to reduce hunger, often under difficult conditions where security threats and risks to personal safety are considerable. The global context in which WFP operates is rapidly changing which means the need for effective people management is becoming more important than ever before. In this context, WFP launched its People Strategy in November 2014. It articulates key strategic focus to build an engaged workforce, with the right skills, in the right roles enabling WFP to continue fulfilling its humanitarian response role while simultaneously building its capabilities to address the long-term goals of Zero Hunger.
How to apply?
To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
Talented women are encouraged to apply
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavour to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development opportunities.
- Verify the planned movements and distribution of food or non-food items, reporting issues or discrepancies to the supervisor for timely resolution of problems and to ensure that the quantity distributed and the quality of the operation is in line with WFP standards.
- Preparing and reconciling beneficiary lists for upload into SCOPE.
- With support from the AO programme unit to participate and conduct community sensitization and mobilization for SCOPE registration and implementation.
- Undertaking field missions to assist AOs in the roll out of SCOPE registration and implementation.
- Conduct data analysis and provide feedback to program unit as requested.
- Maintain information records and monitoring plan documentation, such as records of commodity movements and programme checklists, in order to assist in the effective delivery and distribution of food items or non-food items
- Review and clean the registered beneficiary data in SCOPE and Support preparations for SCOPE biometric distribution.
- Collate assistance programme(s) data in accordance with clear direction, in order to support programme reviews and informative decision-making.
- Liaise with cooperating partners and internal counterparts to gather feedback and comments to support programme reviews and improve services.
- Receive and collate comments and feedback from cooperating partners, beneficiaries, and beneficiaries, to support identifying programmatic issues with a view to fostering efficient operations.
- Provide guidance for cooperating partners on WFP operational practices, monitoring tools and methods in order to support them to complete self-monitoring tasks and to contribute to the visibility of WFP in the coverage areas.
- Prepare field mission reports to document programme implementation.
- Follow set emergency response processes and procedures for emergency food assistance.
- Perform any other related duties.
Standard minimum qualifications:
- This vacancy is open to qualified Sudanese Nationals Only.
- Completion of secondary school education.
- At least three years of progressively responsible work experience in programme output and outcome data is desirable.
- Fluency in English and Arabic.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- Tact, courtesy and good communication skills to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals with different national and cultural backgrounds in a team environment.
- Proactive working style and ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify or escalate problems requiring attention.
- Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word and SAP.
- Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
- Holding an English language proficiency certification is an asset.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
. Has experience analyzing programme output and outcome data
. General knowledge of WFP monitoring and evaluation systems and standards.
· Solid knowledge of quantitative and qualitative data collection methods, analysis and practice.
· Solid skills on Excel and Access is advantage.
4Ps CORE ORGANIZATIONAL CAPABILITIES:
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
- Starting Date: 04.02.2019
- Closing Date: 18.02.2019
* Candidates should inicate in order of preference the duty station they prefer in case of appointment.
* Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
* WFP has zero tolerance with discrimination and does not discriminate to HIV/AIDS status.
* WFP does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process.