Communications/Event Consultancy (19-13)
Call for consultancy services
POSTING TITLE: Communications/Event Consultancy
DEPARTMENT: CIP-China Center for Asia Pacific (CCCAP)
WORK LOCATION: Yanqing, Beijing The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking an enthusiastic consultant with fresh ideas and the organizationalskillstooverseeandorganizethepreparationandtherunningoftheCCCAPsitein2019 International HorticulturalExhibition in Beijing. The consultant will ensure that the event is successful and cost-effective, paying attention to budget and time constraints.
• This consultancy contract is for 6 months starting last week of February. Deliverables and duties:
• Plan event from start to finish according to requirements, target audience and objectives. Come up with suggestions to enhance the event’s success
• Manage the CIP official Wechat account and other communication channels
• Write news release article related with CIP site at the 2019 expo
• Prepare budgets and ensure adherence
• Source and negotiate with vendors and suppliers
• Be in charge of hiring personnel for the expo and supervise the expo operation team’s daily • Coordinate all operations leading up to the event
• Lead promotional activities for the event
• Ensure event is completed smoothly and step up to resolve any problems that might occur • Analyze the event’s success and prepare reports
• Bachelor’s degree with at least 3-year relevant experiences
• Proven experience as event manager with large-scale and high-level events • Good writing skills both in English and Chinese
• Experience with WeChat account management
• Skilled in project management
• Knowledge of KPIs and marketing techniques for event management
• Outstanding communication and negotiation ability
• Excellent organizational skills
• Customer-service orientation
• A team player with leadership skills
• Fluent Speaking and writing EnglishApplication Process:
Applicants should apply online through our CIP’s Job Opportunities website
(http://cipotato.org/open-vacancies/), including a cover letter, a full C.V with the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. Screening of applications will begin February 08, 2019 and will continue until the post is filled. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Learn more about CIP by accessing our web site at http://www.cipotato.org.
CIP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women and professionals from developing countries are particularly encouraged to apply.