The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Risk Management Directorate – Operations Department, at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a:
Executive Assistant to Head of Department
This is a full time position at grade 2/3
The term of this contract will be 4 years
Panel interviews are anticipated for mid/ end of March.
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs,
with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
Provide secretarial and administrative support to the Head of Operations Department (OPE) and the whole of OPE in order to assist in the day-to-day coordination of the Department’s workflow and ensure the quality of documents and processes supporting efficiently the Department’s operations.
The successful candidate will report to the Head of the OPE Department. You will have regular contact with colleagues in other Directorates, notably with RM, MC Secretariat, Audit Committee Secretariat, OPS, TMR, EIF. You will also have external contact with EIB clients, providers and VIP’s.
The Assistant will report to the Head of Department and work in a pool with other Assistants, to support the teams of CORP, PFI, SFE and PSD Divisions.
The position involves large exposure to EIB's senior management and may involve a coordination role between different units and include exposure to senior representatives of external counterparts.
The post requires discretion, flexibility and the ability to prioritise and handle several tasks simultaneously, often working to tight deadlines, while still exercising a high degree of precision.
- Initiate and participate in the improvement of own department’s secretarial and operational working methods in order to optimise its contribution to the Bank’s performance;
- On the Director’s behalf, initiate and follow up on the operational workflows, in order to ensure proper implementation of the decisions taken and respect of procedures and processes;
- Schedule the diaries of the team members, screen, route and coordinate phone calls, take and forward messages, set up conference calls;
- Handle incoming and outgoing correspondence, distribute and circulate information, reports or status updates and coordinate the flow of incoming/outgoing information within the OPE;
- Coordinate business trips, take care of travel arrangements and check travel expenses for team members;
- Prepare standard correspondence, edit and/or finalise notes, letters, contracts and other documents prepared by the teams, namely CRPGs, risk reports
- Provide for logistical arrangements of teams, stationery, office equipment;
- Maintain various databases and file systems accurately;
- Prepare dossiers in relation to all MC, CA, RPC, and AC meetings and follow-up on the MC, CA, RPC, AC and DG Lunch/PAC meetings’ (as appropriate) agendas;
- Prepare files and documentation as appropriate in a structured way;
- Undertake ad hoc research on the Internet and/or other sources and data presentation; prepare reports and statistics (including presentation material);
- Cooperate closely with the other Services Assistants;
- Act as back-up of the other Secretaries/Assistants in the Department as required.
- Secondary level education, complemented with a 2-year certification in a relevant field (e.g. secretarial studies, business administration, customer service) or secondary level education with equally qualified experience in a relevant field.
- At least 5 years of secretarial/clerical professional experience.
- Proven experience in a similar role as Personal Assistant to a senior management position (e.g. VP, DG, CEO or similar) is essential.
- Knowledge of the Bank's standard office tools and software applications/databases (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Excellent knowledge of English and/or French(*), with a good knowledge of the other. (Knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage).
- Achievement Drive: Continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (*).
Deadline for applications: 25th February 2019
(*). We particularly welcome applications from men and persons with disabilities.