State Family Planning Programme Manager
Jaipur (India) | rajasthan
State Family Planning Programme Manager, United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), Jaipur, Rajasthan
1. POSITION(S) VACANT: State Family Planning Programme Manager (SFPPM), United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), Jaipur, Rajasthan
2. ORGANIZATION BACKGROUND:
The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), formerly the United Nations Fund for Population Activities, is an UN organization working for reproductive rights for all and supports access to a wide range of sexual and reproductive health services, including voluntary family planning, maternal health care and comprehensive sexuality education.
Rajasthan accounts for the 5.67% of the total Indiaâs population. Rajasthan is one of the eight socio economically backward states in the country, referred as the Empowered Action Group (EAG) states. The state lags on most of the socio-economic and health related indicators. Difficult geographical terrain further compounds the development challenges. As per Census 2011, the population of Rajasthan is 68.6 million. The decadal population growth rate has decreased from 28.41% in 2001 to 21.3% in 2011. In terms of Total Fertility Rate (TFR), the state has moved closer to the desired TFR of 2.1 and as per the NFHS-4, TFR has reduced from 3.2 in NFHS-3 to 2.4 in NFHS-4.
In Rajasthan, the Department of Medical, Health and Family Welfare has established a Family Planning Division to strengthen the FP programme in the State to improve the availability and quality of the FP services. In order to strengthen the planning & monitoring of the FP services in the state and facilitate provision of right based services, UNFPA is providing technical and managerial support to the DMH&FW. UNFPA is also the lead development partner for implementation of RMNCH+A initiative in the state and supporting State RMNCH+A Unit in the DMH&FW. As part of UNFPAâs support for RMNCH+A and Family Planning, the post of the State FP manager is supported by UNFPA through a third-party agency and it is based at the State RMNCH+A Unit at Department of Medical, Health and Family Welfare.
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
The State Family Planning Programme Manager (SFPPM) would provide support in co-ordination with the officials of the FP division in developing a State FP plan to strengthen the provision of right based FP services.
The detailed roles and responsibilities are as below;
(1) Assist in preparing annual PIP for Family Planning through consultative process;
(2) Support the directorate of Family Welfare for finalization of FP 2020 roadmap, its implementation and review;
(3) Assist in preparing micro plans for high priority districts with TFR more than for 3, for strengthening family planning services;
(4) Prepare roadmap for establishment of the new static centres to offer regular family planning services with high quality, focusing on the needs of young people and adolescents;
(5) Prepare detailed roadmap for roll out of injectable contraceptives through public facilities in the state;
(6) Facilitate the development of database of trained service providers in the area of RH (FP, safe abortion and adolescent health) and updating the database;
(7) Calculate training loads for various trainings to be conducted and prepare comprehensive training calendar in consultation with districts.
(1) Support development of need based resource and communication material on newer methods of contraception and for promoting client friendly services;
(2) Facilitate revision of training guidelines for DQAC members;
(3) Develop innovative approaches and guidelines for promoting use of spacing methods among young couples.
(1) Field visits to districts to support rolling out new contraceptives including injectables and liaise with state level officials to provide feedback to state & district officials (and ensure availability of contraceptives including newer contraceptives in designated facilities and extend necessary support;
(2) Coordinate with directorate/ training institutes and ensuring proper nomination for training for FP, safe abortion and adolescent health;
(3) Field visits to districts and blocks to ensure operationalising / establishment of the static centres / fixed day services as per the plan;
(4) Facilitate post training follow up of the trained service providers and provide an update of the output of the service providers;
(5) Strengthen quality assurance mechanism, ensure regular meetings of state and district QAC, orientation of DQAC members on mandatory provisions;
(6) Engage in activities to enhance reach of SRH services to young people from the marginalised communities in the state;
(7) Assist the state office in designing and demonstrating functional convergence models for SRH services for young people;
(8) Assist in effective implementation of LMIS at different levels & monitoring the progress of roll-out of FPLMIS & providing feedback to State & District Officials;
(9) Promote integrated RH services in priority districts by organizing Reproductive Health activities, facilitating training programmes, field visits, follow up and feedbacks;
(10) Establish regular program review system at State, Divisional and District level and participate in these meetings;
(11) Participate in state level forums/meetings such as State Monitoring Integrated team (SMIT), Kayakalp, for RMNCH+A and such others; update and emphasize on RH and AH programmes.
(D) Quality & Access Monitoring:
(1) Monitor quality of sterilization services and initiate actions for ensuring compliance with Supreme Court guidelines;
(2) Monitor quality of PPIUCD services offered through delivery points;
(3) Monitor quality of the training especially for family planning organized at state, district and block level;
(4) Monitor if services focus on needs of young people;
(5) Monitor the uptake of reversible FP methods in the state;
(6) Monitoring of the functioning of QACs at the state and districts to review if DQAC visits occurred as planned, and if reversible methods and consent procedures were monitored & discussed.
(1) Assist in resolving the managerial and systemic issues and greater engagement of private sector in FP service delivery;
(2) Undertake field visits, provide feedbacks and follow up with the implementing partner;
(3) Undertake any other related task assigned by the Directorate or UNFPA office.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
MBBS, Masterâs in Public Health, PhD in relate discipline / Masterâs in Social Work/ Health Care Management/ Rural Management.
(1) Minimum seven yearsâ experience in Health/ Reproductive health related fields;
(2) Working experience and/ or familiarity with Health System and Human Resource development will be an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
(1) Good planning and coordination skills;
(2) Good training, communication and writing skills;
(3) Good skills in operating MS Office package;
(4) Demonstrable creative skills and ability in planning, monitoring and advocacy programs;
(5) Ability to understand and address development related issues;
(6) Ability to work with a diverse group and settings.
5. NATURE OF ENGAGEMENT:
The SFPPM-UNFPA shall be hired on a consultancy contract through Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd. (SAMS), a respected HR Agency.
6. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
Gross compensation budgeted for the position ranges between Rs. 9 to 12 lacs per annum. The actual offer made to the selected candidate shall be commensurate with qualifications, experience and salary history.
7. LOCATION: The SFPPM shall be based at the Directorate of Medical, Health and Family Welfare, Government of Rajasthan, Jaipur, Rajasthan.
8. DURATION: The successful candidate shall be issued an initial consultancy contract for 12 months, effective from the date of joining.
9. REFERENCE: SFPPM-UNFPA
10. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phone Nos.: 011- 2684 2162; 4165 3612
11. APPLICATION PROCESS:
Eligible candidates interested in the position are requested to apply using the link http://apply.samshrm.com, by or before February 20, 2019.