Data Management Specialist
Home Based - May require travel (Home Based)
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants and qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member countries are encouraged to apply.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
The main aim of the FAO country office, which is headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist government to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
FAO is implementing and planning a number of projects aimed to strengthen the resilience and socio-economic cohesion amongst Syrians under Temporary Protection (SuTP) and vulnerable host communities in rural areas in Turkey through support to agricultural livelihoods and access to employment in the agri-food sector.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Sub-regional Coordinator for Central Asia and FAO Representative in Turkey, direct supervision of the Programme Officer, technical guidance of the Lead Technical Officer (LTO), and in collaboration with FAO Turkey team, the Data Management Specialist will be responsible for the below mentioned tasks.
Database and information management; data analysis and quality assurance
- Design and maintain a project beneficiary and interventions database in alignment with the needs identified in the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) framework and plan
- Collect, manage, process, analyse, package and report project data in a timely, effective and efficient manner to allow utilisation of the generated knowledge by project stakeholders
- Liaise with implementing partners to collect and consolidate relevant project information
- Ensure appropriate disaggregation of data, including obtainment and recording of gender, educational and social information of project beneficiaries
- Assist the team with the design and implementation of baseline studies, needs assessments, surveys, reviews and data collection tools
- Analyse data from surveys and assessments and present them in a meaningful format for knowledge sharing and project implementation
- Audit the accuracy of information being provided and follow up on any discrepancy to ensure corrective action is taken in a timely manner
- Undertake duty travel as needed and perform other related tasks as required
- University degree in agricultural economics, development studies, statistics or other relevant field
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in database and information management, data analysis and quality assurance
- Working knowledge of English and fluency in Turkish
- National of Turkey
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact\: Careers@fao.org
Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.