ICLA Officer - Tehran based (Iran Nationals Only) - Iran
#29 | Tehrān
Rights Respected, People Protected
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, food security, livelihoods, legal assistance, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors. The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 6000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. NRC runs the world’s largest standby rosters NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs
NRC in the Islamic Republic Iran
NRC started operations in Iran in 2012. We currently deliver humanitarian assistance in 8 provinces in the sectors of Education, Food Security and livelihoods, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Shelter construction, as well as Information, Counseling and Legal Assistance (ICLA). We co-lead several technical inter-agency working groups and provide capacity building to humanitarian partners in country. Next to our programs, NRC Iran also built an advocacy unit to develop joint messages and initiatives among INGOs to improve rights of the displaced.
Following several recent breakthroughs, NRC Iran is scaling up substantially its activities in support of the Government of Iran efforts towards an estimated 3,6 million Afghans residing in country and is expanding its programme unit.
About the position: ICLA Officer for NRC Iran
NRC is now seeking for an experienced and motivated ICLA Officer to implement quality ICLA programming in collaboration with other core competencies. The ICLA Officer will support the responsible manager to ensure effective project management including, internal, donor compliance requirements, timely, and quality services to the vulnerable refugee population and ensure the key mandatory activities under NRC’s Project Cycle Management (PCM).
Our ideal Candidate
Are you NRC’s future ICLA Officer in Iran?
NRC has a fantastic opportunity for a dedicated, hard worker and energetic person with a proven track record of working in complex and volatile contexts to give support to a rapidly expanding program.
- Implement ICLA project portfolio according to strategy and plan of action
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks, guidelines and donor requirements
- Engage with partners and stakeholders as required
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by the management
- Identify protection needs and gaps
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Organize mapping of operational agencies in the areas of interventions and coordination
- Ensure that projects target the most vulnerable right holders
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Promote the rights of refugees in line with advocacy strategy
Duty Station: Tehran with maximum 70% field mission.
Contract duration/until: End of 2019 with extension possibility.
Salary/Benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and condition