International Security Specialist
Home Based - May require travel (Home Based)
IMPORTANT NOTICE\: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on your personal device date and time settings
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations
depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
- Apply and monitor the implementation of established Organization and applicable United Nations Security Management System (UNSMS) policies and procedures on Safety and Security in the AoR;
- Ensure FAO compliance with the UN System-wide Security Risk Management Measures (SRM/SRMM) and the Residential Security Measures (RSM) in the AoR;
- Maintain close security coordination with UNDSS at the duty station, security focal points of other agencies and humanitarian partners, and ensure appropriate professional liaison of security matters with local authorities responsible for security;
- Participate at the Security cell Meeting and the Security Management Team meetings, as required;
- Ensure protection of FAO personnel, assets and facilities in accordance with provisions of the UN Security Management System by\: strengthening the security arrangements at FAO facilities through appropriate security and contingency planning and, in close cooperation with UN Department of Safety and Security (UNDSS), coordinating 24/7 response to all security-related incidents involving FAO personnel and assets in the AoR;
- Provide all FAO personnel, particularly external missions, with security briefings, situation reports and other appropriate security-related information and training;
- Undertake missions to the program sites in the AoR as required and assesses prevailing local security conditions, identifying security trends and advising staff, project personnel and dependents on potential security issues;
- Directly supervise security equipment and personnel, including inventory, extended training and performance of security contractors, guards and security escorts personnel, if applicable;
- Supervise the National Security Assistant, if required;
- Plan and coordinate the mandatory safety drills in FAO premises at the duty station;
- Support the deployment and utilization of operational emergency communications systems, including its installation, operation and maintenance
- Perform any other related duties as required.
- Advanced university degree in security management, security studies or other relevant field.
- A military or police diploma with a combination of extensive relevant experience in security management in conflict or post-conflict environments.
- At least five years of relevant experience in the military, police services, including at least 3 years of international UN or INGO experience in high-risk/conflict environments;
- Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese, Russian.
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience or knowledge of communications equipment operation, including VHF/HF/SAT/other; First Aid, and operation of security screening equipment;
- Extent and relevance of experience in analyzing and managing security-related threats and risks to personnel and assets;
- Extent and relevance of experience in security management in conflict/post-conflict environments, preferably with the UN or International NGOs;
- An armored vehicle driving license is an advantage.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency