SERVICE CONTRACT: NATIONAL Programme Analyst, SRH/HIV/GBV, Kampala, Uganda, SB-4
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS VACANCY IS ONLY FOR NATIONALS OF UGANDA
You will be responsible for coordinating the Joint United Nations Programme on Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH), HIV and Gender-Based Violence (GBV) Integration, reporting directly to the Programme Specialist, HIV/Comprehensive Condom Programming (CCP) and under the leadership of the head of the Integrated Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (ISRHR) team/Assistant Representative.
How you make a difference
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them; and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Qualifications and Experience
Advanced university degree in development, management, public administration, public health, communication, economics, social sciences, demography, and public policy or equivalent development related area.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 3-5 years of increasingly responsible professional experience in development programmes.
- Work experience in the country context in areas of SRH, HIV and/or GBV programme management and coordination.
- Extensive national working experience with increasing managerial responsibilities in the development arena and UNFPA mandate areas.
- Experience in leading/managing knowledge product development and dissemination.
- Project management experience including results-based management and human rights-based programming is desirable.
- Strong track record of leadership and management, and proven ability to produce demonstrable results.
- Experience in managing/implementation of UN supported programmes and managing joint programs is an added advantage
- Ability to build and motivate / lead cross-cutting teams to produce client-oriented results.
- Technical as well as programming experience.
- Strong verbal communication and writing skills in English is essential.
Fluency in English; knowledge of other official UN languages, preferably French and/or Spanish, is desirable.