SERVICE CONTRACT: NATIONAL Driver, Adjumani, Uganda, SB-2
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS VACANCY IS ONLY FOR NATIONALS OF UGANDA
Under the overall supervision of the Representative and direct supervision of the Programme Analyst substantively contributes to the effective delivery of an integrated package of rights (SRHR/GBV/HIV) in Adjumani. The Driver will provide efficient and safe transportation of authorized personnel.
The Driver will be based in the UNFPA decentralized office in Adjumani office, and will be directly supervised by Programme Analyst Adjumani.
The Driver maintains collaborative relationships with all programme and project staff at the CO and field offices. External contacts include partners in the Country Programme activities.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them; and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
Qualifications and Experience
- Completed secondary school education.
- Formal drivers training with a valid driver’s license/certification to operate assigned vehicle following local rules and regulations.
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least two years driving experience with reputable organizations with a demonstrated safe driving record.
- Previous experience in defensive driving is desirable.
- Knowledge of safety standards and safety equipment and ability to interpret safety rules/ maintenance rules.
- Ability to assess vehicles for mechanical fitness and skills in minor vehicle repairs.
- Ability to demonstrate a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy and tact.
- Basic skills to assist in case of emergency, knowledge of first aid basic methods.
Fluency in oral and written English is required.