Trainees - Cyber Security
- Type of traineeship: Trainees in Cyber Security for the EATM-CERT
- Location: Brussels
- Directorate/Service: DECMA/ACS/OFF - Office of Aviation Cooperation and Strategies Division
- Publication date: 28/05/2018
- Closing date: 31/12/2019
- Reserve list: A reserve list is established as part of this offer
Within the Directorate European Civil-Military Aviation, the European Air Traffic Management Computer Emergency Response Team (EATM-CERT) provides services of common interest to the ATM Stakeholders of EUROCONTROL Member States.
Our mission is to support these ATM Stakeholders to protect themselves against cyber threats that would impact the confidentiality, integrity and availability of their operational IT assets and data.
PURPOSE OF THE TRAINEESHIP
The trainee will support the development of the European Air Traffic Management Computer Emergency Response Team (EATM-CERT) and the deployment and delivery of its services.
Under the continuous supervision, support and coaching of a mentor, the trainee will participate in the following tasks:
- Support daily operations of EATM-CERT (checking alerts, functional email box, search newly discovered vulnerabilities, etc.);
- Participate in the configuration of SIEM (Security Information and Event Management) tool (Slunk) and development of use cases/scenarios and correlation rules to detect cyber-security incidents using raw data (includes normalisation, correlation and false/positive rate reduction);
- Contribute to the automation of different activities (alterting, Cyber Threat Intelligence - CTI, collection based on IntelMQ, connection of MISP to constituents/national CERTs, template creation and customisation of phishing awareness tool - King Phish, etc.);
- Support Penetration Tests in Air Traffic Management environment;
- Support the implementation of THOR services (Indicator of Compromise host-based scanner).
From 6 to 12 months.
- Master or equivalent in Cyber-security or IT/Computer science. We are looking for candidates in their last year of Master or having completed their Master's less than 6 months ago;
- Good understanding of Cyber-security concepts and practices;
- Knowledge of networking & security techno-architectures (TCP/IP, firewalls, VPN, IDS, SIEM) would be an asset;
- Knowledge of scripting (Python/Perl/Go, etc.), Linux, system administration and Public Key Infrastructure would be an asset;
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. Therefore, candidates must have an excellent command of English and/or French (written and verbal). Additional language knowledge may be an asset.
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of ECAC Member States only.
- This opportunity falls under the Traineeship Programme Regulations.
- A flat-rate allowance of €900 per month as a contribution towards living expenses will be granted.
- Reimbursement of travel expenses to take up appointment and leave may be covered by means of a lump sum.
- EUROCONTROL is an equal opportunity employer, promotes gender diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from female candidates.
- Only the candidates who will be invited for an interview/test will be informed of the outcome of the selection.