IT Trainee - Automated software test tool
- Type of traineeship: IT Trainee in the Design and Implementation of an automated software test tool
- Location: Brussels
- Directorate/Service: DECMA/RTD/NET - Network Management Unit
- Publication date: 06/12/2018
- Closing date: 28/02/2019 (Entended)
Within the "Directorate European Civil-Military Aviation", the Network Management Unit (DECMA/RTD/NET):
- delivers integrated and validated solutions improving network performance;
- conducts R&D activities for the evolution of the NM function (Regional, FAB & Local), including interfaces with airports and airspace users;
- contributes to standardisation & ICAO;
- supports deployment;
- gives direction, stimulates & contributes to long-term network research.
PURPOSE OF THE TRAINEESHIP
You will participate in the development of an automated software-testing tool for an Air Traffic Flow Management simulator (INNOVE). This simulator communicates with external client systems through SOAP B2B message exchanges.
- Participate in developing Unit Tests of INNOVE B2B Services Sets:
- Prepare automatic testing for a validation campaign of sets of B2B services. A logical order of service calls is required.
- Automatically generate reports including test coverage, test description, the correct format of the B2B call answers, failure/success and time for completion for each B2B call.
- Contribute to the development of Operational Scenario Tests making use of B2B Service Sets:
- Implement the corresponding B2B calls to be ran automatically.
- Provide capabilities to set modifiable input parameters for the scenario, based on templates.
- There will be a need to retrieve variable parameters/results from previous B2B calls to be reused for a later call.
- Provide the possibilities to output tables, lists; figures or graphs and reports as in Task1.
- Support the Human Machine Interface Development:
- Develop an HMI that will allow editing the scenario templates (and associated parameters) defined in Task2.
- Develop an overall HMI for the test tool allowing an end user to test a new software delivery of INNOVE.
- Student in Information Technology.
- Be familiar with Java, Python, SOAP, XML,...
- Knowledge in Air Traffic Management would be an advantage, but not absolutely required.
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. Therefore, candidates must have an excellent command of English and/or French (written and verbal). Additional language knowledge may be an asset.
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of ECAC Member States only.
- This opportunity falls under the Traineeship Programme Regulations.
- A flat-rate allowance of €900 per month as a contribution towards living expenses will be granted.
- Reimbursement of travel expenses to take up appointment and leave may be covered by means of a lump sum.
- EUROCONTROL is an equal opportunity employer, promotes gender diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from female candidates.
- Only the candidates who will be invited for an interview/test will be informed of the outcome of the selection.