OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMMETo develop highly functional and multi-faceted programs that will provide support to Member States in their efforts to prevent and treat HIV, sexually transmitted infections (STI) and viral hepatitis by\: guiding national strategies and policies towards increasing access to prevention, treatment and care; coordinating and leading efforts of partner agencies in order to achieve mutual goals; and ensure effective surveillance and information dissemination to inform programme and service improvement.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the supervision of the Coordinator (HSI), and guidance of the Director, Communicable Diseases, the incumbent will perform the following duties\:
(1) Uploads documents and data in the HSI's website homepage, including website upkeep and maintenance;
(2) Retrieves and search data/information for HSI (photos, charts, tables, maps following established procedures);
(3) Collaborates with Publication and Communication Units in the Regional Office for the Western Pacific in the approval process, layout and design of publications, infographics, meeting reports and other advocacy documents, including printing, distribution and stock monitoring;
(4) Provides support in the recruitment of interns particularly in screening and retrieving of applicants in the recruitment system and processing of application approval;
(5) Organizes and sets up conference/video calls in collaboration with the Information Technology Group using standard office applications;
(6) Drafts/prepares general correspondence, briefing notes, background materials, etc. on brief instructions or at own initiative, types statements, reports, studies including statistical tables, etc. from manuscripts; takes notes at meetings as basis for minutes;
(7) Arranges appointments for supervisors, receives visitors, places and screens telephone calls, responds to routine requests for information and prepares briefing folders for supervisor's duty travels;
(8) Provides secretarial support to organize meetings, workshops and training courses, including preparation of related folders;
(9) Provides secretarial and clerical support to staff and consultants as and when required;
(10) Opens, organizes and maintains general project files; and
(11) Performs other duties as may be required.
EducationEssential\: Completion of secondary school education with thorough training in clerical/secretarial practices.
Desirable\: Formal or self-training in various computer applications and standard office software. Training in oracle-based or other enterprise resource planning systems is an asset.
ExperienceEssential\: At least three years of relevant experience in information technology/graphic designing including experience in secretarial/clerical post.
Desirable\: Similar work experience in a large organization, preferably in WHO or in another international organization.
SkillsThorough knowledge of office procedures, administrative rules and regulations, Global Management System (GSM) processes, word-processing and spreadsheets applications; basic knowledge on website management; strong interpersonal and communication skills, diplomacy and versatility; highly organized and self-motivated; ability to work harmoniously as a member of a team, adapt to diverse educational and cultural backgrounds and maintain high standards of personal conduct.
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Moving forward in a changing environment
Use of Language SkillsEssential\:
REMUNERATIONWHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at PHP 454,197 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link\: http\://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit\: http\://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.